Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Terminal program in Java. Linux raw mode

Re: Terminal program in Java. Linux raw mode

Joshua Cranmer

On 08/08/2010 01:31 PM, Kari Laine wrote:
> I have inspected this little with google and it seems I would have to
> set the terminal in raw mode. Default is cooked. But all I find is asm
> and c examples how to do this. I would like not to have platform
> dependent code. Is there any way to read keyboard raw in Java?

You can find some Java curses libraries, which should allow you full raw
access to the keyboard in Java (basically, it allows you to make a full
UI in the console). Google gets me here:
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/javacurses/>.

tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth