Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Burning DVD's

Re: Burning DVD's

CoMa

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 17:30:01 -0500, davidmbeckham2005
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how to burn DVD Films?
>Everytime i try i can only play on other computers, not dvd players.
>Can anyone recommend some good software and a walkthru on how to do it,
>please

ImgBurn
http://www.imgburn.com/

How to write DVD Video files directly to single layer media using ImgBurn
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4632

How to write an image file to a disc using ImgBurn
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61

--

Regards
CoMa

http://hubbabub.deviantart.com/

The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 15:17:25 -0500, davidmbeckham2005
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tried it, followed it step by step, Didnt work
>Still only playable on other PCs
>Any other Guesses?

If your DVD player is old, it will NOT play 'movie file' discs.

You could consider buying a sub $100 modern "upscaling" DVD player, as
they all now typically play most modern video files, and handle most
modern codecs for it, and most even have connections or USB slots to
facilitate updating of the firmware to include any new or changed codecs.

Again... old player no play.

Get off your penny pinching high horse and go out and buy a new player
and donate that old dog you currently have to the old folk's home.

So, when you 'rip' a DVD, you *can* rip it exactly as it was made, but
most ripping software does not do that by default.

Most folks simply 'convert' the DVD to a 'ripped' file (an avi or flv or
mkv or mp4 etc.) That file can be made at 700MB size, which can fit onto
a CD. One takes a hit on resolution and sound usually though.