Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New Infrared Gallery

New Infrared Gallery

M-M

I have posted some new IR photos and invite you to look and comment if
you wish.

The main page shows what an IR filter can do:

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/ir/gsir/gsir.html

Then there are links to several IR galleries:

France in Infrared- scenes from Paris and Provence:
http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/frir.html

The American Southwest Canyons in IR:
http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/swir.html

Clouds and Trees in Infrared:
http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/clir.html

It was an interesting experiment. I used an Olympus C2020Z with a Hoya
R72.

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com

Peter

"Better Info" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:11:24 -0400, M-M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have posted some new IR photos and invite you to look and comment if
>>you wish.
>>
>>The main page shows what an IR filter can do:
>>
>>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/ir/gsir/gsir.html
>>
>>Then there are links to several IR galleries:
>>
>>France in Infrared- scenes from Paris and Provence:
>>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/frir.html
>>
>>The American Southwest Canyons in IR:
>>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/swir.html
>>
>>Clouds and Trees in Infrared:
>>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/clir.html
>>
>>It was an interesting experiment. I used an Olympus C2020Z with a Hoya
>>R72.

> You might want to try using a #87 IR filter. It blocks all visible light.
> Giving you a greater distinction of IR luminosity only. No visible light
> muddy and fight with the IR's luminosity levels.
>
> Here's a couple shots from when first testing this kind of filter.
>
> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4864201119_e9dd80dbbd_z.jpg>
> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/4864201121_ed45411845.jpg>
>
> Many many of your images could be done from full color images (no IR) just
> by increasing the green channel when using a Channel Mixer tool used for
> creating BW images.

Yeah, but that's pseudo infra red. Not quite the real thing. I had my old
CoolPix converted and am playing.

> If you don't want to pay out the big-bucks for large diameter #87 filters
> just for an experiment, try these Lee Polyester filters from B&H.
> <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=lee%20filters%20infra%20red&N=0>
> They work very well. Just carefully cut to fit with scissors and insert
> into an old daylight or UV filter. The savings between doing this and
> buying a glass 72mm #87 IR filter is astounding and they work just as
> well.
> The above test shots were done using one of these.

I was not aware of the Lee filters.
How to you adjust focus for IR. Few of my lenses have IR focusing marks.

--
Peter