Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > in your opinion

in your opinion

Robin

Wondering, as a broad comment, do you guys thing c is the best
programming language I'm trying to have a vote so I can find out, so
if I want to learn it and move towards using it a lot more I will have
more consensus / census type info...
Thanks,
-Robin

Jens Stuckelberger

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 16:57:46 -0700, Robin wrote:

> Wondering, as a broad comment, do you guys thing c is the best
> programming language

The best for what?

John Kelly

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 16:57:46 -0700 (PDT), Robin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Wondering, as a broad comment, do you guys thing c is the best
>programming language I'm trying to have a vote so I can find out, so
>if I want to learn it and move towards using it a lot more I will have
>more consensus / census type info...

C is like assembly language on steroids. Good for speed, and shooting
yourself in the foot.

--
Web mail, POP3, and SMTP
http://www.beewyz.com/freeaccounts.php

lawrence.jones@siemens.com

Robin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Wondering, as a broad comment, do you guys thing c is the best
> programming language

Do you think red is the best color? The questions are equally
meaningless.
--
Larry Jones

Geez, I gotta have a REASON for everything? -- Calvin

James Dow Allen

On Aug 6, 7:38*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Robin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > do you guys thing c is the best
> > programming language

Yes.

> Do you think red is the best color?

No. Purple is.

James

Nick Keighley

On 6 Aug, 00:57, Robin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Wondering, as a broad comment, do you guys thing c is the best
> programming language I'm trying to have a vote so I can find out, so
> if I want to learn it and move towards using it a lot more I will have
> more consensus / census type info...

a suffusion of yellow

Nick Keighley

On 6 Aug, 06:53, James Dow Allen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Aug 6, 7:38*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Robin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > do you guys thing c is the best
> > > programming language

> Yes.
>
> > Do you think red is the best color?

> No. *Purple is.

when I was a kid I used to tell people my favourite colour was tartan

Ian Collins

On 08/ 6/10 06:47 PM, Nick Keighley wrote:
> On 6 Aug, 06:53, James Dow Allen<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Yes.
>>
>>> Do you think red is the best color?

>> No. Purple is.

> when I was a kid I used to tell people my favourite colour was tartan

I used to, but the paint shop had trouble blending it.

--
Ian Collins

Nick Keighley

On 6 Aug, 00:57, Robin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Wondering, as a broad comment, do you guys thing c is the best
> programming language I'm trying to have a vote so I can find out, so
> if I want to learn it and move towards using it a lot more I will have
> more consensus / census type info...

on a slightly more serious note. Programming languages are tools for
doing things. What you want to do helps you decide what language to
use. C is a relativly low level language. It is worth learning exactly
because of its closeness to the machine. Also learn a language taht
isn't close to the machine. I happen to like python. Some people like
perl or ruby. Java and C# are widely used for writing commercial
applications. Consider learning a language from a different paradigm
Lisp, Caml, smalltalk etc.

Eric Sosman

On 8/6/2010 2:49 AM, Ian Collins wrote:
> On 08/ 6/10 06:47 PM, Nick Keighley wrote:

>>> Yes.

>>> No. Purple is.

>> when I was a kid I used to tell people my favourite colour was tartan

> I used to, but the paint shop had trouble blending it.

... or perhaps they blended it correctly, but you applied
it with the wrong side out.

--
Eric Sosman

Your opinion on Kalani Edward MCSD 0 03-10-2005 03:00 AM
Is this dialer watch config OK in your opinion? maxxot2005 Cisco 0 03-03-2005 12:56 PM
What is your opinion of this self study package? MCSD 2 07-06-2004 07:03 AM
Re: Your opinion about stored procedures Ray Dixon [MVP] ASP .Net 1 07-26-2003 08:23 AM
Re: Your opinion about stored procedures mono ASP .Net 1 07-04-2003 07:55 PM

Advertisments