Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Whither high resolution Digital Images?

Re: Whither high resolution Digital Images?

Scotius

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 05:16:56 -0500, Jeff Jones
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 12:09:06 +0200, Ofnuts <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>On 04/08/2010 12:00, Jeff Jones wrote:
>>
>>> And none of what concerns you matters in the least. If there is worthwhile
>>> content then even a 1 megapixel image could be blown up to the size of a
>>> wall (with proper upsampling) and it would still be admired and
>>> appreciated.

>>> A cellphone camera can create just as much of a photographic masterpiece as
>>> any Hasselblad on the planet. It just all depends on who is holding it.

>>Somebody to give a Nokia to Ansel Adams (or his successor)!

>Since you can't comprehend that, how about if we put you and Shakespeare
>sitting next to each other. Him on a 1976 word-processor (him having been
>previously brought up to speed on how to use one), and you on the latest
>gaming machine with a terabyte of RAM in it. On the count of three, both
>start writing. See who creates the greatest and most memorable prose after
>one month.
>
>You ****ingly useless IDIOT TROLL.

I know what you mean, although you're being a bit harsh about
it.

I had a Cybershot point and shoot before the Nikon D3000 I
just got, and I took a lot of very good shots with it.

I'm just not quite accustomed to the 3000 yet, but once I am
moreso I'm sure my images will be much better. I seem to have gotten a
bit distracted with the greater amount of choices available with it,
and so far most of my better images were with the P & S.

I am confident though that once I'm more up to speed on the
Nikon it will produce even better images, all things about me being
equal.