Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Can't download Google Earth Program

Can't download Google Earth Program

Tom33@lakf.com

When I try downloading the Google Earth Program with FF 3.6.8,
nothing happens. I have javascript turned on. What else could be the
problem?

Here is the link.

http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

Ralph Fox

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 01:28:35 -0500, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>

> When I try downloading the Google Earth Program with FF 3.6.8,
> nothing happens. I have javascript turned on. What else could be the
> problem?
>
> Here is the link.
>
> http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

A couple of thoughts spring to mind.

1) You have an ad-blocker which is blocking one of the
shed-load of scripts which the page downloads.

2) The Mozillazine Knowledge Base has a dozen or so things to
check and do.

2.1) Go to the Mozillazine Knowledge Base at http://kb.mozillazine.org
2.2) Under Firefox, click the link "Frequently encountered issues".
2.3) Under "U", click the link "Unable to save or download files".

Make sure you try #4 ("download history") as well as the others.

--
Regards
Ralph

Tom33@lakf.com

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 23:33:43 +1200, Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 01:28:35 -0500, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>
>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> When I try downloading the Google Earth Program with FF 3.6.8,
>> nothing happens. I have javascript turned on. What else could be the
>> problem?
>>
>> Here is the link.
>>
>> http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

>A couple of thoughts spring to mind.
>
>1) You have an ad-blocker which is blocking one of the
> shed-load of scripts which the page downloads.

Yep.

>2) The Mozillazine Knowledge Base has a dozen or so things to
> check and do.
>
> 2.1) Go to the Mozillazine Knowledge Base at http://kb.mozillazine.org
> 2.2) Under Firefox, click the link "Frequently encountered issues".
> 2.3) Under "U", click the link "Unable to save or download files".
>
> Make sure you try #4 ("download history") as well as the others.

Did it a simpler way. I finally thought of trying MS Internet
Explorer. It worked. (I normally *never* use IE. They say it's safer
these days, but I'll still stick with Firefox.)

I'll keep your email for the next time I run into a problem like this
again with FF.

Thanks for answering.