Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: What BULB do you guys use for taking pictures of automotive DIYs?

Re: What BULB do you guys use for taking pictures of automotive DIYs?

Rich

On Aug 2, 5:24*pm, Brent <beemdoub...@Use-Author-Supplied-
Address.invalid> wrote:
> In a Toyota forum I write up automotive repair DIYs under lousy lighting
> conditions (like many people do).
>
> Only I use a good camera (Nikon D5000) and good back lighting to augment
> the camera flash.
>
> It's cheap. I buy 200 watt bulbs from ACE Hardware and put it in an
> aluminum light fixture with clamps so I can secure the light. I change the
> directdion of light constantly so a stand wouldn't work.
>
> Problem is, I bust a bulb almost every time. When these bulbs are hot, they
> break the filament if you drop or move the light suddenly.
>
> Is there a better high lumens bulb that is sturdier than the "regular" 200W
> bulbs from ACE?

Enjoy them while you can, before the envirokooks ban incandescents.

Tzortzakakis Dimitris

? "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Address.invalid> wrote:
> In a Toyota forum I write up automotive repair DIYs under lousy lighting
> conditions (like many people do).
>
> Only I use a good camera (Nikon D5000) and good back lighting to augment
> the camera flash.
>
> It's cheap. I buy 200 watt bulbs from ACE Hardware and put it in an
> aluminum light fixture with clamps so I can secure the light. I change the
> directdion of light constantly so a stand wouldn't work.
>
> Problem is, I bust a bulb almost every time. When these bulbs are hot,
> they
> break the filament if you drop or move the light suddenly.
>
> Is there a better high lumens bulb that is sturdier than the "regular"
> 200W
> bulbs from ACE?

:Enjoy them while you can, before the envirokooks ban
:incandescents.
They are already banned in Europe. Production has ceased and what we have
are leftovers. I watched a conversation between an old lady who asked for an
100 W bulb and was told they were phased out and she could only get CFLs or
a plain 75W.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Don Klipstein

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Rich wrote:
>On Aug 2, 5:24*pm, Brent <beemdoub...@Use-Author-Supplied-
>Address.invalid> wrote:
>> In a Toyota forum I write up automotive repair DIYs under lousy lighting
>> conditions (like many people do).
>>
>> Only I use a good camera (Nikon D5000) and good back lighting to augment
>> the camera flash.
>>
>> It's cheap. I buy 200 watt bulbs from ACE Hardware and put it in an
>> aluminum light fixture with clamps so I can secure the light. I change the
>> directdion of light constantly so a stand wouldn't work.
>>
>> Problem is, I bust a bulb almost every time. When these bulbs are hot, they
>> break the filament if you drop or move the light suddenly.
>>
>> Is there a better high lumens bulb that is sturdier than the "regular" 200W
>> bulbs from ACE?

>Enjoy them while you can, before the envirokooks ban incandescents.

The usual 200W incandescents and most 150 watt ones rated 750 hours will
not be affected by the upcoming USA incandescent ban that is scheduled to
take effect in stages from 2012 to 2014. This ban has a lot of
exceptions:

http://members.misty.com/don/incban.html

- Don Klipstein ((E-Mail Removed))