Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: HELP: PHP Send mail problems.

Re: HELP: PHP Send mail problems.

Doug Miller

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I have designed a site in Expression Web (yes I know you all hate it)
>and it has some forms in it which work fine in IE but not in Chrome
>and Firefox (surprise, surprise)

You're going about that all wrong. Design for the standards-compliant browsers
(Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera) first. Then tweak as needed to make it work
in IE.

>but I can't work out the problem.

What problem would that be? I don't see any description of a problem here.
[tons of code snipped]

Raymond Schmit

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:26:15 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Doug Miller)
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>I have designed a site in Expression Web (yes I know you all hate it)
>>and it has some forms in it which work fine in IE but not in Chrome
>>and Firefox (surprise, surprise)

>You're going about that all wrong. Design for the standards-compliant browsers
>(Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera) first. Then tweak as needed to make it work
>in IE.

He is using "Expression Web" a microsoft product. All microsoft
product are designed to work only with microsoft - so OK with IE and
microsoft don't care about standards .... to permit normal browsers to
work.

>>but I can't work out the problem.

>What problem would that be? I don't see any description of a problem here.
>[tons of code snipped]

He just said that the mail is not sent.

I have written a poorly similar stuff, but i wrote something like
this:
$mailsent= "false";
if(mail("(E-Mail Removed)", "Formulaire du site \"les vieilles
branches\"", "From: \"$nom\" <$email>\nSujet: $subject_mail \nMessage:
\n$message_mail\n-- \n-- Fin du message \n--", "From:
(E-Mail Removed)" ))
{
$mailsent = "true";
}
if ($mailsent=="true")
{
echo "Thank you, the mail has been sentbr>";
} else
{
echo "Sorry, the mail has not been sentbr>";
}

Doug Miller

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit) wrote:
>On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:26:15 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Doug Miller)
>wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "(E-Mail Removed)"

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>I have designed a site in Expression Web (yes I know you all hate it)
>>>and it has some forms in it which work fine in IE but not in Chrome
>>>and Firefox (surprise, surprise)

>>You're going about that all wrong. Design for the standards-compliant browsers

>>(Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera) first. Then tweak as needed to make it work
>>in IE.

>He is using "Expression Web" a microsoft product.

I'm not familiar with that product; didn't know it was by MonkeySoft. That
explains a lot.

> All microsoft
>product are designed to work only with microsoft - so OK with IE and
>microsoft don't care about standards .... to permit normal browsers to
>work.

One more reason not to use MonkeySoft products...

>>>but I can't work out the problem.

>>What problem would that be? I don't see any description of a problem here.
>>[tons of code snipped]

>He just said that the mail is not sent.

Pretty vague, don't you think?

DLU

Raymond Schmit wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:26:15 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Doug Miller)
> wrote:
>

> He is using "Expression Web" a microsoft product. All microsoft
> product are designed to work only with microsoft - so OK with IE and
> microsoft don't care about standards .... to permit normal browsers to
> work.

Expression web will work with any product, it just makes the code for
you, and it has pages you can modify. You still need to understand
basic HTML. You can generate some CSS with it but you still have to
understand how CSS works. It also makes it easy to insert colors, and
fonts among other things.

See http://clubhouse.sierraclub.org/ca/cnrcc

I used Expression web to build it, then had to get some help from this
group to straighten it out as I did not understand wrappers for one
thing. Also the original page was copied from another site which had
many errors at that time. It also has an easy to use FTP program.

All browsers work with my site.

***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *t
* Not Lumber Cartel Unit 75 [TINLC] *
* I am not SPEWS.ORG *
***************************************

DLU

Sherm Pendley wrote:
> DLU <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

> I find it amusing that Expression creates XHTML, which IE does not
> support. A clear case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand
> is doing, IMHO.
>
> sherm--

Here is page heading.

I do not see XHTML
--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *
* Not Lumber Cartel Unit 75 [TINLC] *
* I am not SPEWS.ORG *
***************************************

Jonathan N. Little

Sherm Pendley wrote:
> DLU<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Sherm Pendley wrote:
>>> DLU<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>>

>>> I find it amusing that Expression creates XHTML, which IE does not
>>> support. A clear case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand
>>> is doing, IMHO.
>>>
>>> sherm--
>>>

>> Here is page heading.
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
>>
>> I do not see XHTML

> It must be browser-sniffing then, 'cause it sends XHTML to FireFox -
> with a text/html MIME type, and markup that's effectively no different
> from that sent to IE, except for the additional slashes. My faith in
> MS's idiocy has been restored.

<snipping annoying signature>

No I think our friend DLU is looking at a different page,
in Seamonkey:

In IE8:

and in IE6:

Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

DLU

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Sherm Pendley wrote:
>> DLU<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>>> Here is page heading.
>>>
>>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
>>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
>>>
>>> I do not see XHTML

>> It must be browser-sniffing then, 'cause it sends XHTML to FireFox -
>> with a text/html MIME type, and markup that's effectively no different
>> from that sent to IE, except for the additional slashes. My faith in
>> MS's idiocy has been restored.

> <snipping annoying signature>
>
> No I think our friend DLU is looking at a different page,
> in Seamonkey:
>
> In IE8:
>
> and in IE6:

The heading I put up is the the first lines in the website I manage.
This is from the main page.
Here is more, I still do not see the XHTML

<!-- REMOVE META ROBOTS IF PLACED ON WEB -->
<!-- Title should match H1 -->
<title>California Nevada Regional Conservation Committee</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="cnrcc.css" type="text/css">
<!--Conservation Committee homepage">-->
<script src="mouseovers.html" type="text/javascript"></script>

http://clubhouse.sierraclub.org/ca/cnrcc/

This site can be accessed directly, also done with Expression Web.
http://www.sierraclub.org/ca/cnrcc/

--
***************************************

On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 15:11:54 -0700, DLU <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>> Sherm Pendley wrote:

>>> It must be browser-sniffing then, 'cause it sends XHTML to FireFox -
>>> with a text/html MIME type, and markup that's effectively no different
>>> from that sent to IE, except for the additional slashes. My faith in
>>> MS's idiocy has been restored.

>> <snipping annoying signature>
>>
>> No I think our friend DLU is looking at a different page,
>> in Seamonkey:
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>>
>> In IE8:
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>>
>> and in IE6:
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

>The heading I put up is the the first lines in the website I manage.
>This is from the main page.
> Here is more, I still do not see the XHTML
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
>"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

><!-- REMOVE META ROBOTS IF PLACED ON WEB -->
><!-- Title should match H1 -->
><title>California Nevada Regional Conservation Committee</title>
><link rel="stylesheet" href="cnrcc.css" type="text/css">
><!--Conservation Committee homepage">-->
><script src="mouseovers.html" type="text/javascript"></script>
>
> http://clubhouse.sierraclub.org/ca/cnrcc/
>
>This site can be accessed directly, also done with Expression Web.
>http://www.sierraclub.org/ca/cnrcc/

You said .... > Here is more, I still do not see the XHTML
BUT !!!... opening http://clubhouse.sierraclub.org/ca/cnrcc/ with
Seamonkey 2.0.4 shows ...

<head><title>
Login - Clubhouse

etc ...etc ...

DLU

Raymond Schmit wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 15:11:54 -0700, DLU <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> You said .... > Here is more, I still do not see the XHTML
> BUT !!!... opening http://clubhouse.sierraclub.org/ca/cnrcc/ with
> Seamonkey 2.0.4 shows ...

> <head><title>
> Login - Clubhouse
>
> etc ...etc ...

Would that have anything to do with the servers being MS? The index file
has to be index.asp to work on the server. The page I use on my
machine to view the site is index.htm

--
***************************************

On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 18:07:34 -0700, DLU <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Raymond Schmit wrote:

>> You said .... > Here is more, I still do not see the XHTML
>> BUT !!!... opening http://clubhouse.sierraclub.org/ca/cnrcc/ with
>> Seamonkey 2.0.4 shows ...
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

>> <head><title>
>> Login - Clubhouse
>>
>> etc ...etc ...

>Would that have anything to do with the servers being MS? The index file
> has to be index.asp to work on the server. The page I use on my
>machine to view the site is index.htm

I don't know why i got a webpage with XHTML and you with HTML ...
I just told you that i got XHTML with my SeaMonkey browser.

Re: PHP Send mail problems. rf HTML 13 08-04-2010 10:22 AM
Re: HELP: PHP Send mail problems. Jonathan N. Little HTML 2 08-02-2010 03:53 PM
Send mail using System.Web.Mail fails w/ m.BodyFormat=MailFormat.H =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?= ASP .Net 2 02-28-2006 01:50 AM
Mail.SmtpMail.Send won't send to one of my addresses Nathan Sokalski ASP .Net 3 11-23-2005 09:25 PM

Advertisments