Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Xnews - delete server.

Xnews - delete server.

ian field

Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?

(Win XP)

Thanks.

Moriz Voskov

ian field <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
>
> (Win XP)
>
> Thanks.

Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.

--
Do not do what you would undo if caught; Leah Ahrendt

ian field

"Moriz Voskov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news9bp7g$ug5$(E-Mail Removed)-sausage-roll...
> ian field <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
>>
>> (Win XP)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
> Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.

Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an open
profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!

Mike Yetto

Moriz Voskov <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
> ian field <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
>>
>> (Win XP)
>>

> Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
> Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.

For the OP I should add that the server you want to delete *must*
be closed.

Mike "won't even get an error message" Yetto
In practice they are not.

Mike Yetto

ian field <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.

> "Moriz Voskov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news9bp7g$ug5$(E-Mail Removed)-sausage-roll...
>> ian field <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
>>>
>>> (Win XP)
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
>> Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.
>>

> Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an open
> profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!

Xnews is a Windows program, so, you might try closing the server
tab/folder the same way you would any similar object in a Windows
window.

Mike "just for giggles, try right-clicking everywhere" Yetto
In practice they are not.

hwf

ian field <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<ea15o.4870$Ki4.1532@hurricane>:

>"Moriz Voskov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news9bp7g$ug5$(E-Mail Removed)-sausage-roll...
>> ian field <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
>>>
>>> (Win XP)
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
>> Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.
>>

>Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an

open
>profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!

Yeah its weird liek taht,mon. Find its ini file and remove the swerver
manually. Then delete the .newsrc and .Xnewsrc files associated with
the swerver and BLAM! DOne deal.

chuckcar

"ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> "Moriz Voskov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news9bp7g$ug5$(E-Mail Removed)-sausage-roll...
>> ian field <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
>>>
>>> (Win XP)
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
>> Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.
>>

> Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an
> open profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!

You click on the little X in the top right corner. Just like everything
else in MS Windoze. The trick here is that it's a well thought out
design that maps multiple windows in a single frame. Does having more than
one windows being open at a time confuse you?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

ian field

"chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>

>> "Moriz Voskov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news9bp7g$ug5$(E-Mail Removed)-sausage-roll...

>>> Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
>>> Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.
>>>

>> Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an
>> open profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!
>>

> You click on the little X in the top right corner. Just like everything
> else in MS Windoze. The trick here is that it's a well thought out
> design that maps multiple windows in a single frame. Does having more than
> one windows being open at a time confuse you?

Clicking on the little X with the server I want to delete open closes the
whole app.

> "chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>

>>> "Moriz Voskov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news9bp7g$ug5$(E-Mail Removed)-sausage-roll...

>>> Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an
>>> open profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!
>>>

>> You click on the little X in the top right corner. Just like
>> everything else in MS Windoze. The trick here is that it's a well
>> thought out design that maps multiple windows in a single frame. Does
>> having more than one windows being open at a time confuse you?

> Clicking on the little X with the server I want to delete open closes
> the whole app.

So it does. You haven't *selected* which server at the bottom. Oh, and
again: RTFM since you clearly have *never* done it.

I'll even help you on that last one:

Help->manual

--

> "ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>

>> "chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> "ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

>>> You click on the little X in the top right corner. Just like
>>> everything else in MS Windoze. The trick here is that it's a well
>>> thought out design that maps multiple windows in a single frame. Does
>>> having more than one windows being open at a time confuse you?

>> Clicking on the little X with the server I want to delete open closes
>> the whole app.
>>

> So it does. You haven't *selected* which server at the bottom. Oh, and
> again: RTFM since you clearly have *never* done it.

I read the manual - then read it again to see if it made any sense the
second time!

OT: XNews. One day at a time. kpg MCSE 30 07-18-2005 05:53 PM
OT XNews post test Consultant MCSE 28 07-19-2004 08:19 PM
Re: [Xnews] Open Source Xnews? Darrien C Programming 11 11-04-2003 02:20 AM
Xnews uninstalling berksposter Computer Support 7 09-27-2003 04:02 PM
Xnews Rosco Computer Support 3 09-04-2003 11:17 AM

Advertisments