Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Mountain Fun-Guy

Mountain Fun-Guy

David J Taylor

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[]
> Perhaps, one day, we will be able to say that you made a positive
> contribution here, but I have yet to see one.

[]

Many who have corresponded with me here seem to think otherwise.

Cheers,
David

Peter

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:41:21 +0100, "David J Taylor"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>>
>>.. and you've just done the same, Bruce!

> No, because I don;t agree with your perception of "a problem".
>

>>I'm suggesting a way of removing, or at least reducing the problem. No
>>"moral one-upmanship" at all. Practical advice about the benefits of a
>>kill-file and not responding.

> You think you are in some way superior to the guy you want to censor.
> Unfortunately, the truth is that, among all the gratuitous abuse, he
> does have a positive contribution to make, and he has some views that
> are worthy of being listened to (among others that are surely not).
>
> Perhaps, one day, we will be able to say that you made a positive
> contribution here, but I have yet to see one. All I see is someone
> who is trying to claim moral superiority over other people while
> standing on some very shaky, almost non-existent foundations.

Brucie,

You certainly are coming off like a pompous a-hole. I wonder why.

--
Peter

Bruce

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:48:07 +0100, "David J Taylor"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>[]
>> Perhaps, one day, we will be able to say that you made a positive
>> contribution here, but I have yet to see one.

>[]
>
>Many who have corresponded with me here seem to think otherwise.

Those who share my view are of course unlikely ever to waste their
time corresponding with you. My lasting memory of your
"contributions" here will be your seemingly authoritative comments
about equipment you personally know nothing about and have never used,
touched or probably even seen, except in online images.

But that's the Internet for you.

So you'll need to forgive me if I have some difficulty deciding who is
the troll here, you or LOL!

David J Taylor

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
[]
> Those who share my view are of course unlikely ever to waste their
> time corresponding with you. My lasting memory of your
> "contributions" here will be your seemingly authoritative comments
> about equipment you personally know nothing about and have never used,
> touched or probably even seen, except in online images.
>
> But that's the Internet for you.
>
> So you'll need to forgive me if I have some difficulty deciding who is
> the troll here, you or LOL!

It's a sad reflection that you appear to unable to distinguish, and have
to resort to personal insults. You will have read what others think. All
I'm doing is to try and make this a more pleasant place for everyone.

David

DanP

On Aug 2, 1:51*pm, "N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "LOL!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 22:19:27 +1000, "N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >>"Ofnuts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:4c56adeb$0$12610$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >>Do you really want a lesson on Flickr embedded in this thread?

> > Why not?

> > You lousy, useless, desperate for attention, pretend-photographer trolls
> > have already hijacked this thread about photographic practices for nature
> > photography with every other useless non-photography topic under the sun.
> > Why not another topic?

> > It's far too late to back-peddle now to try to make yourselves out to be
> > anything less than useless thread-hijacking trolls.

> > Do continue.

> > LOL!

> I'm not sure if ofnuts wants a lesson the Flickr generally, or a lesson on
> using the API. *Both are easily found with a search engine.

There is a way to put a photo on Flickr anonymously.
Upload it, have it private, view it, click on "Share this", "Grab
HTML" and copy the address.

Try find who posted this: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4114/...331a26c1_b.jpg

This is what the troll does and after a while he deletes it. Genius.
I feel guilty for wasting my wasting time with this.

DanP

Bruce

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 18:46:14 +0100, "David J Taylor"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It's a sad reflection that you appear to unable to distinguish, and have
>to resort to personal insults. You will have read what others think. All
>I'm doing is to try and make this a more pleasant place for everyone.

No David, like so many others on here, you are here to justify your
own buying decisions, and to seek entertainment by participating in
discussions about equipment you have never used, and most probably
never will.

That's a factual comment based on your postings. If you choose to
take it as a personal insult, that is entirely up to you. If it
upsets you, there is always your kill file.

David J Taylor

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[]
> No David, like so many others on here, you are here to justify your
> own buying decisions, and to seek entertainment by participating in
> discussions about equipment you have never used, and most probably
> never will.
>
> That's a factual comment based on your postings. If you choose to
> take it as a personal insult, that is entirely up to you. If it
> upsets you, there is always your kill file.

So no-one is allowed to discuss or ask questions about equipment they
don't own? Laughable! When giving advice, I always try to base that
advice on my own personal experience, as anyone who reads my postings will
know.

Anyway, we were actually discussing how to deal with the troll, and you
are welcome to heed my advice (which is the same as that from many others)
or not.

But your personalised ping-pong is helping no-one, so please don't expect
any further replies.

David

DanP

On Aug 2, 10:10*pm, "N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "DanP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > On Aug 2, 1:51 pm, "N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> "LOL!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> >> I'm not sure if ofnuts wants a lesson the Flickr generally, or a lesson
> >> on
> >> using the API. *Both are easily found with a search engine.

> >> --

> > There is a way to put a photo on Flickr anonymously.
> > Upload it, have it private, view it, click on "Share this", "Grab
> > HTML" and copy the address.

> > Try find who posted this:
> >http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4114/...331a26c1_b.jpg

> > This is what the troll does and after a while he deletes it. Genius.
> > I feel guilty for wasting my wasting time with this.

> > DanP

> You don't know much about the Flickr API.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/danpetre/4854148426/

No.

DanP

Bruce

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 19:14:45 +0100, "David J Taylor"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>[]
>> No David, like so many others on here, you are here to justify your
>> own buying decisions, and to seek entertainment by participating in
>> discussions about equipment you have never used, and most probably
>> never will.
>>
>> That's a factual comment based on your postings. If you choose to
>> take it as a personal insult, that is entirely up to you. If it
>> upsets you, there is always your kill file.

>So no-one is allowed to discuss or ask questions about equipment they
>don't own? Laughable!

I'll tell you what's laughable, David. It's you trying to sound
authoritative about equipment you know less than nothing about.

Now that's really funny.

But what is funnier is you accusing others of trolling, especially
when they are merely questioning your choice of equipment. In other
words, according to you, anyone who questions your choices is a troll.
Now that's just hilarious! LOL!

David J Taylor

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[]
> I'll tell you what's laughable, David. It's you trying to sound
> authoritative about equipment you know less than nothing about.

Nonsense.

> Now that's really funny.
>
> But what is funnier is you accusing others of trolling, especially
> when they are merely questioning your choice of equipment. In other
> words, according to you, anyone who questions your choices is a troll.
> Now that's just hilarious! LOL!

More nonsense.

Anyone who reads my posts will know what you say is completely untrue.

David