Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Rapid development of desktop-like web apps

Rapid development of desktop-like web apps

carmelo

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a visual IDE (RAD) that would allow me the rapid
development of desktop-like web applications, with windows interface.
The application should essentially have CRUD functionality for records
management in relational databases, displaying data in tabular form,
master/details and as reports.

I've got no restrictions on languages, the goal is to find tools that
make development the fastest possible.
Would you have any advice?

I found it quite interesting the following:
- Http://www.jrapid.com
- Http://www.generalinterface.org
- Http://flex.org
- Http://www.zkoss.org