Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Microsoft Courses

Microsoft Courses

lovi lovi is offline
Junior Member

Hi, I am Lova. I work in a local bank and want to shift my career to IT as a programmer.. As I am a complete beginner, which Microsoft courses will be suitable for me.

progcomputeach progcomputeach is offline
Junior Member

If you are looking to learn programming, which language are you keen on, VB or C#? It may be worth looking at some books in your local bookshop or look on amazon. Books to look for include "Step by step C#" or "Step by step VB". Make sure that you for versions which mention "2008" or "framework 3.5". As you are learning programming steer clear of books which mention ASP.NET. Although this is programming it is too advanced and will teach you topics at the "higher end".

You could also look online for tutorials on VB/C#...

If you are looking at certifications, the Microsoft certifications which are available at the moment are the 2005 track and the 2008 track. With the 2005 track likely to retire in the next year or two it would be worth looking at the 2008 track.

Hope your programming goes well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovi
Hi, I am Lova. I work in a local bank and want to shift my career to IT as a programmer.. As I am a complete beginner, which Microsoft courses will be suitable for me.

lovi lovi is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for you prompt reply. I have decided to take up C#. Bit online learning is not an option for me. I am thinking of taking up a Boot camp as I have a limitation pertaining to time. What do you suggest?