Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > You know how to tell when an equipment forum is dying?

You know how to tell when an equipment forum is dying?

RichA

Aside from being inundated by Chinese spam? They start talking about
photography instead of cameras.

Robert Coe

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:48:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Aside from being inundated by Chinese spam? They start talking about
: photography instead of cameras.

Rxactly. Just like a train group disintegrates when they start talking about
rail travel instead of the horsepower of the locomotive.

Or were you thinking about trying to make an actual point?

Bob

Mr. Strat

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Aside from being inundated by Chinese spam? They start talking about
> photography instead of cameras.

And it's especially sad for people like you who have no knowledge of
either.

Bruce

wrote:

>You know how to tell when an equipment forum is dying?

When more than 10% of its new threads are started by a Canadian
"RichAsshole" who is apparently obsessed with Britain and its police?

ransley

On Jul 29, 2:27*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:48:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >You know how to tell when an equipment forum is dying?

> When more than 10% of its new threads are started by a Canadian
> "RichAsshole" who is apparently obsessed with Britain and its police?

I think its near 70% are started by RA and he has to post that post
like so many more

Bruce

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 03:59:01 -0700 (PDT), ransley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Jul 29, 2:27*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:48:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >You know how to tell when an equipment forum is dying?

>> When more than 10% of its new threads are started by a Canadian
>> "RichAsshole" who is apparently obsessed with Britain and its police?

>I think its near 70% are started by RA and he has to post that post
>like so many more

I agree, it seems more like 70%. But the point at which the newsgroup
started to die was when it reached 10%.