Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Apache Tomcat https link goes down but http works

Apache Tomcat https link goes down but http works

zigzagdna

I have setup a web suite in Apache Tomcat 5.5. Web site has lots of
java software. I have both https and http. This is production system.

We have given users to user https. https works for a few days but then
when web site gives some "page not found access". However then I
invoke http link; web site is up' why?
Why http link brings up the application but https does not.

Then when I restart Apache Tomcat https works again; same is true with
http.

Is this somekind of memory issue; i.e.; https sofwtare implenetaion
has memory leaks etc? But then again if there are memeory issues, http
link at that point should also give errors.

This has happened several times; almost once every week.

Any insights will be appreciated?

Arne Vajh°j

On 28-07-2010 16:02, zigzagdna wrote:
> I have setup a web suite in Apache Tomcat 5.5. Web site has lots of
> java software. I have both https and http. This is production system.
>
> We have given users to user https. https works for a few days but then
> when web site gives some "page not found access". However then I
> invoke http link; web site is up' why?
> Why http link brings up the application but https does not.
>
> Then when I restart Apache Tomcat https works again; same is true with
> http.
>

> Is this somekind of memory issue; i.e.; https sofwtare implenetaion
> has memory leaks etc? But then again if there are memeory issues, http
> link at that point should also give errors.
>
> This has happened several times; almost once every week.
>
> Any insights will be appreciated?

Any info in the log files?

Arne