Velocity Reviews > Reviews > Thermaltake Cold Cathode with Sound Module

Article Tools

Thermaltake Cold Cathode with Sound Module

Thermaltake Cold Cathode with Sound Module Article Author : Ian
Date :

Introduction

Lighting is always good, but not if you don't have window or side panel. But that's where it al stops, now with some equipment you can make the outside of your case bright as a light.

Everyone knows who Thermaltake is, cause if you don't that's very odd, Tt is company that produces Cases, Case Mods, Cooling, Water cooling and other accessories. They have been well known through the overclockers and case modders.

Packaging

When it comes to a package, it doesn't matter so much here. Because your just going to put it in or on your case. So somehow I doubt this will affect the performance of the Cathode it self.

The package layout is very neat, so if you were in a shop you could clearly see how neat it looks.

What you get

With the package I bought, I received a Blue Cold Cathode, a sound module and the PCI slot back plate with switches.

Statistics

http://www.thermaltake.com/accessori...s/soundAct.htm

Features:

  • Voice control E-LED & normal type adjustment
    *
  • High reliable lamp tube and device controller
    *
  • Easy to use and install
    *
  • Lighted by its sensitivity of sound level

This cathode also has a nice little feature which is handy for pretty much everyone. This is little feet which are able to be move into 3 different positions.

The cables are all sleeved.

The Test Computer

A AMD Athlon 64 Socket 939 3000+
Gigabyte K8N Ultra SLi
Mushkin PC-3200 Level II Version 2 CAS 2
Gigabyte ATi X600PRO 128mb
Seagate SATA 80gb 7200.2rpm Hard Drive
XSonic 450w Power Supply.

Installation

Pretty Simple, just the same way you would install a Cold Cathode. The package does include Double sided tape for mounting.

Looks!

Well everyone knows cathodes look sweet, but when they had sound modules to go with your sub, it like your a lighting dude for a play or something.

Conclusion

This Cold Cathode has to be the best in quality I have ever seen, it has been fully sleeved, and comes with everything you need. The Sound Module is very precise to the beats of my Subwoofer. But there is only one thing which is bad about this whole thing, which is amazing cause normally there's tons wrong with cathodes.

Pros:
> Sound Module
> Sound Module Settings
> PCI Slot Plate
> Bendable Feet
> Long
> Bright
> Cable Sleeved Leads
> Low price

Cons:
> May not fit on the side panel in some cases

Advertisments

Newsgroups
Computer Support
Computer Information