Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Punctuation that Basks

Punctuation that Basks

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ben Dover <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:59:17 -0400, "Tim Conway" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>

>>"Ben Dover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> You know absolutely NOTHING about composition. If your own photography
>>> wasn't proof enough, thanks for proving it again.
>>>

>>And you know nothing about humanity.

>I know enough to know that 99.9999% of humanity is a perfectly good waste
>of carbon atoms. You know, wastes like you.

And the remaining .0001% should have remained a shitstain on your dad's shorts

DanP

On Jul 28, 4:53*pm, Ben Dover <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 04:22:41 -0700 (PDT), DanP <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

> >> What about the lighting in this one, another basking pose and
> >> angle-composition theme (to reflect this representative of the
> >> "Angled-winged Butterfly Family").

> >> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4144/4837286834_9b6dd0bffb_b.jpg>

> >> I liked the way the dark cracks in the bark lead the eye to their
> >> respective subject/shadow counterparts. I have about a dozen of these to
> >> play with. I just couldn't decide (and it seems neither could the butterfly
> >> decide), just which shadow created the most interesting shapes and angles
> >> as it struck about a dozen different wing-angle and body-angle poses while
> >> watching its shadow.

> >> Though the high jpg-compression badly polka-dotted the colors in the wings
> >> it's the composition that I thought might be interesting.

> >First one is great, the shape of the wings is clear.
> >Try a square crop on it.

> >The second one has too much detail in the bark and my eye is atracted
> >by the shadow too much.

> >DanP

> You know absolutely NOTHING about composition. If your own photography
> wasn't proof enough, thanks for proving it again.

If you were serious abut photography you'd have an online portfolio.
But you real hobby is ****ing in the pool.

DanP

tony cooper

wrote:

>On Jul 28, 11:28*am, Ben Dover <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:06:23 +0100, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >Beautiful lighting. *A very nice shot. *Thanks for posting.

>> What about the lighting in this one, another basking pose and
>> angle-composition theme (to reflect this representative of the
>> "Angled-winged Butterfly Family").
>>
>> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4144/4837286834_9b6dd0bffb_b.jpg>
>>
>> I liked the way the dark cracks in the bark lead the eye to their
>> respective subject/shadow counterparts. I have about a dozen of these to
>> play with. I just couldn't decide (and it seems neither could the butterfly
>> decide), just which shadow created the most interesting shapes and angles
>> as it struck about a dozen different wing-angle and body-angle poses while
>> watching its shadow.
>>
>> Though the high jpg-compression badly polka-dotted the colors in the wings
>> it's the composition that I thought might be interesting.

>First one is great, the shape of the wings is clear.
>Try a square crop on it.

A square crop would work, but not offer much in the way of
improvement. Kinda iffy on square or rectangular on this one.

>The second one has too much detail in the bark and my eye is atracted
>by the shadow too much.

The best post-processing step for this shot would be to add a new
layer over the image and fill that layer with a solid color, then
flatten. This would solve the only thing wrong with the shot: bad
photography.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Shiva Das

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ben Dover <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Fubjvat rirelbar ntnva ubj zhpu lbh qba'g xabj nobhg cubgbtencul naq
> pbzcbfvgvba. Gur qnex funqbj nernf va na vzntr ner rirel ovg nf vzcbegnag
> nf gur yvg fhowrpg nernf va na vzntr. Gur rzcgl fcnpr va na vzntr whfg nf
> vzcbegnag nf gubfr nernf jvgu qrgnvyf va gurz. V qbhog lbh'yy rire
> pbzceruraq guvf. Lbh'ir cebirq lbhefrys gb or whfg nabgure bs gur uhaqerqf
> bs glcvpny pencfubbgref naq ebyr-cynlvat gebyyf gung vasrfg gurfr
> arjftebhcf.

Wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank
wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank
wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank
wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank
wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank
wank wank wank wank wank wank wank.

Peter

> More, and more he reminds me of "Buffalo Bill" from "Silence of the
> Lambs."

Don't criticize anyone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. By then
you'll be a mile away and he'll be barefoot.

--
Peter

Peter

> On 2010-07-28 20:18:34 -0700, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>>

>>> More, and more he reminds me of "Buffalo Bill" from "Silence of the
>>> Lambs."
>>>

>> Don't criticize anyone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. By then
>> you'll be a mile away and he'll be barefoot.

> Only if he wears a 13D.
>
> I didn't criticize him, I just said he reminds me of the twisted, basement
> lurking, moth collecting, solitary, serial killer, who skins his victims.

Oh!

--
Peter

tony cooper

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 18:54:50 -0500, Ben Dover <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>>>First one is great, the shape of the wings is clear.
>>>Try a square crop on it.

>>A square crop would work, but not offer much in the way of
>>improvement. Kinda iffy on square or rectangular on this one.

>A square composition would not work for this one. I knew that when I shot
>it. Thanks for showing the whole world how little you know about
>composition.

Here's a squarish crop of a photograph I shot earlier today of a
Four-Spotted Pennant dragonfly. Not a perfect square, but not in a
standard rectangular ratio.

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/...3_YFpsT-XL.jpg

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

tony cooper

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:07:18 -0500, Ben Dover <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:54:09 -0400, tony cooper
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>A square composition would not work for this one. I knew that when I shot
>>>it. Thanks for showing the whole world how little you know about
>>>composition.

>>Here's a squarish crop of a photograph I shot earlier today of a
>>Four-Spotted Pennant dragonfly. Not a perfect square, but not in a
>>standard rectangular ratio.
>>

>>http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/...3_YFpsT-XL.jpg

>Thanks. I was right. You don't know anything about decent composition.
>Typical snapshooter, just center everything and hope it gets some praise
>from those with equally poor artistic skills.

Your comment sheds a great deal of light on your lack of understanding
of what composition is all about. You see a centered subject.
However, the central points of focus for the viewer are the wing
pairs. Neither of which is in the center of the image. The
positioning of the dragonfly draws the eye from top right to lower
left. Not even the darker mass is centered.

You talk a good game, but that's what it is: all talk. The images
you post - complete with your excuses of deliberate degradation -
belie any thought that you understand composition.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Tim Conway

"Outing Trolls is FUN!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 23:18:34 -0400, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>"Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>>

>>> More, and more he reminds me of "Buffalo Bill" from "Silence of the
>>> Lambs."
>>>

>>Don't criticize anyone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. By then
>>you'll be a mile away and he'll be barefoot.

> Poor conclusion. He wouldn't get two steps away before his life was
> brought
> to an abrupt ending. I've also lived barefoot for three years on a South
> Pacific island. Hiking for hundreds of miles barefoot while living there,
> while also carrying a 70 lb. backpack much of the time. 1 mile walked
> barefoot is not a concern of any kind. One of my fun pastimes was to play
> "mountain-goat" (while barefoot) and try to go everywhere the
> mountain-goats went on the mile-high cliffs just to see if I could. A
> skill
> that came in handy for hunting them for food too.
>
> On the other hand, it IS safe to criticize resident trolls in newsgroups
> that always hijack discussions for their own desperate need for attention
> and their desperate need to belong anywhere.
>
> Thanks for proving again that that is all that you are and will precisely
> ever be, a thread hijacking troll.

Wow, what a fiction writer you are.

Tim Conway

"Ben Dover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 01:29:41 -0400, tony cooper
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:07:18 -0500, Ben Dover <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:

>>>Thanks. I was right. You don't know anything about decent composition.
>>>Typical snapshooter, just center everything and hope it gets some praise
>>>from those with equally poor artistic skills.
>>>

>>Your comment sheds a great deal of light on your lack of understanding
>>of what composition is all about. You see a centered subject.
>>However, the central points of focus for the viewer are the wing
>>pairs. Neither of which is in the center of the image. The
>>positioning of the dragonfly draws the eye from top right to lower
>>left. Not even the darker mass is centered.

> You have one huge X sitting smack dab in the center of your image, from
> corner to corner, edge to edge. It bores the eyes and mind to tears when
> looked at for more than 5 seconds. (The subject wholly unimpressive when I
> have so many of those kinds of subjects myself.) The blurred too-shallow
> DOF subject can't save that photo and the composition completely ruins
> it--the one thing that you might have gotten away with (to partially save
> it) if you knew anything at all about composition.
>

>>You talk a good game, but that's what it is: all talk. The images
>>you post - complete with your excuses of deliberate degradation -
>>belie any thought that you understand composition.

> Much of my fortune, upon which I retired at an early age, was from drawing
> and painting. I apply those artistic skills to my photography too. You
> know
> not of what you speak. Your example, again, has made that more than
> perfectly clear.
>
> Feel free to continue crying about it all you want. As I'm sure you will.

Yes indeed! What a fiction writer you are.