Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > So why do we keep having to buy memory for digital still cameras????

So why do we keep having to buy memory for digital still cameras????

RichA

Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder

Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a
fully manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An
"Exmor R" CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while
Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way
Shake Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from
wide angle to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images
directly to 64GB of embedded Flash memory.
Now $1179

Bruce

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:33:50 +0100, Alan Dunlop-Walters
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 27/07/2010 22:02, RichA wrote:
>> Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder
>> Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
>> effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
>> different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a
>> fully manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An
>> "Exmor R" CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while
>> Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way
>> Shake Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from
>> wide angle to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images
>> directly to 64GB of embedded Flash memory.
>> Now $1179

>Go on Bich, tell us why. Can't wait to hear why.
>Your fine opinions are so worthy and anticipated.

Rich will merely blame the British police, as usual.

ray

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:02:58 -0700, RichA wrote:

> Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder
>
> Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
> effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
> different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a fully
> manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An "Exmor R"
> CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while Optical
> SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way Shake
> Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from wide angle
> to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images directly to
> 64GB of embedded Flash memory. Now $1179

Part of the reason is that a decent digital camera does not cost $1179.

RichA

On Jul 28, 3:33*pm, Alan Dunlop-Walters <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 27/07/2010 22:02, RichA wrote:
>

> > * *Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder

> > Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
> > effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
> > different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a
> > fully manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An
> > "Exmor R" CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while
> > Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way
> > Shake Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from
> > wide angle to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images
> > directly to 64GB of embedded Flash memory.
> > Now $1179

> Go on Bich, tell us why. *Can't wait to hear why.
> Your fine opinions are so worthy and anticipated.

Not until you pass the Grey Poupon.

RichA

On Jul 28, 3:47*pm, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:02:58 -0700, RichA wrote:
> > Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder

> > Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
> > effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
> > different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a fully
> > manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An "Exmor R"
> > CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while Optical
> > SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way Shake
> > Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from wide angle
> > to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images directly to
> > 64GB of embedded Flash memory. Now $1179

> Part of the reason is that a decent digital camera does not cost $1179.

Now that's a bit much. You can buy old stock D300's for that now.

John McWilliams

Alan Dunlop-Walters wrote:
> On 28/07/2010 20:36, Bruce wrote:d.
>>

>> Rich will merely blame the British police, as usual.
>>

> Or my double barrel. He is so lacking in imagination.

Whatever.

How about you chaps just ignoring his posts??

Novel, what?

--
lsmft

me

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:29:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> Part of the reason is that a decent digital camera does not cost $1179.

>Now that's a bit much. You can buy old stock D300's for that now.

And the specs for the D300 compare how to the still shots specs of the
camera you're posting about Rich? Are you really this dense and
stupid?

John McWilliams

Alan Dunlop-Walters wrote:
> On 29/07/2010 02:19, John McWilliams wrote:
>> Alan Dunlop-Walters wrote:
>>> On 28/07/2010 20:36, Bruce wrote:d.

>>> Or my double barrel. He is so lacking in imagination.

>> Whatever.
>>
>> How about you chaps just ignoring his posts??

> Now where would be the fun in that?

Quite.

As long as you don't complain about the trolls or pests here AND feed
them, no problemo.

--
john mcwilliams

Note:

This space intentionally left blank, except for these words.

Robert Coe

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:29:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On Jul 28, 3:47*pm, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: > On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:02:58 -0700, RichA wrote:
: > > Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder
: >
: > > Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
: > > effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
: > > different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a fully
: > > manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An "Exmor R"
: > > CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while Optical
: > > SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way Shake
: > > Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from wide angle
: > > to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images directly to
: > > 64GB of embedded Flash memory. Now $1179
: >
: > Part of the reason is that a decent digital camera does not cost $1179.
:
: Now that's a bit much. You can buy old stock D300's for that now.

Which was exactly Ray's point, right? You have to learn to flag such ideas
down before they sail over your head.

Bob

David Ross

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder
>
> Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
> effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
> different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a
> fully manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An
> "Exmor R" CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while
> Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way
> Shake Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from
> wide angle to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images
> directly to 64GB of embedded Flash memory.
> Now $1179

Well I wonder why they dont have a USB provision so that you can
download your pics to one of those $100 500gig portable hard drives

Without going via a computer I mean

David - who thinks that would be handy