Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > simple hyperlink problem...

simple hyperlink problem...

Doug Swanson

So I've added a hyperlink to a screen based on a url stored in a database.
The problem is that the hyperlink text is not underlined....but it becomes
underlined when you hover over it. Small thing but it's what the users
want... The screen/window that it is on is a popup window if that makes any
difference....btw I'm using a literal and emitting the html code on the
fly...the same results happen when I use the .NET hyperlink control.

here is the text...

"<a href=www.cnn.com target="_blank">your link here</a>"

thanks
Doug

--
Doug Swanson
Senior Applications Developer

Richard K Bethell

"Doug Swanson" <dcswanson@_remove_this_surfbest.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So I've added a hyperlink to a screen based on a url stored in a database.
> The problem is that the hyperlink text is not underlined....but it becomes
> underlined when you hover over it. Small thing but it's what the users
> want... The screen/window that it is on is a popup window if that makes

any
> difference....btw I'm using a literal and emitting the html code on the
> fly...the same results happen when I use the .NET hyperlink control.
>
> here is the text...
>
> "<a href=www.cnn.com target="_blank">your link here</a>"

You probably have some sort of CSS style (either inline or in a CSS
stylesheet) that is controlling the appearance of an <a/> tag. Look for
format definitions for the <A/> tag in your stylesheet. You can find it
there.

Worse comes to worse, you can use the "style=" parameter to force
underlining.

R.

Curt_C [MVP]

you either have a CSS or a style tag that's overriding the A and A:HOVER
values

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"Doug Swanson" <dcswanson@_remove_this_surfbest.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So I've added a hyperlink to a screen based on a url stored in a database.
> The problem is that the hyperlink text is not underlined....but it becomes
> underlined when you hover over it. Small thing but it's what the users
> want... The screen/window that it is on is a popup window if that makes

any
> difference....btw I'm using a literal and emitting the html code on the
> fly...the same results happen when I use the .NET hyperlink control.
>
> here is the text...
>
> "<a href=www.cnn.com target="_blank">your link here</a>"
>
> thanks
> Doug
>
> --
> Doug Swanson
> Senior Applications Developer
> Synchrono, Inc
> (E-Mail Removed)

Doug Swanson

That was it...thank you very much...I ended up putting a style tag on the
anchor to override the CSS....

thanks
ds

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

a simple hyperlink Carlos ASP .Net 1 03-08-2007 04:46 PM
How to add a hyperlink column to asp.net datagrid - where only one value is a hyperlink davetichenor ASP .Net 1 10-30-2006 02:57 PM
How to add a hyperlink column to asp.net datagrid - where only one value is a hyperlink Dave ASP .Net Datagrid Control 0 10-21-2006 07:48 PM
One simple question about HyperLink, Urgent, thanks Edward ASP .Net 2 06-28-2004 03:40 PM
Dynamically Hyperlink and Event Handler for the Hyperlink ? Ken ASP .Net Datagrid Control 1 08-15-2003 11:38 PM

Advertisments