Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error form control XXXcontrol is not a member of form

Error form control XXXcontrol is not a member of form

Jennifer Mathews

Visual Studio 2008 vb.Net .net 3.5

I have a solution in a directory called
c:\HereIam\webSiteName\websiteName
It compiles and publishes perfectly.

I created a new solution in
c:\mySrc\websiteName\websiteName

I copied all the files from c:\HereIam\webSiteName
except the solution & project (vbproj & vbproj.user) files.

I am adding each page to the NEW solution one by one.
As long as the NEW solution only contains hyperlinks it compiles perfectly.

As soon as I add pages that contain controls it get the error:

Error 1 'hdnIsFirstTimeThru' is not a member of
'websiteName.websiteName_Public_Webinar_UCs_ucDDL_ Wb_Sched'.

"hdnIsFirstTimeThru" being a hidden field on the webpage.
The webpages do use user controls.

It displays this message for EVERY control in every user-control.

I read on the internet that it is best to create new pages and
copy and paste the original code into the newly created pages.
Considering this is a farily big project, that would probably take
a week or two to complete.

Is there another solution?

Thanks

Mr. Arnold

On 7/26/2010 9:22 AM, Jennifer Mathews wrote:
> Visual Studio 2008 vb.Net .net 3.5
>
> I have a solution in a directory called
> c:\HereIam\webSiteName\websiteName
> It compiles and publishes perfectly.
>
> I created a new solution in
> c:\mySrc\websiteName\websiteName
>
> I copied all the files from c:\HereIam\webSiteName
> except the solution & project (vbproj & vbproj.user) files.
>
> I am adding each page to the NEW solution one by one.
> As long as the NEW solution only contains hyperlinks it compiles perfectly.
>
> As soon as I add pages that contain controls it get the error:
>
> Error 1 'hdnIsFirstTimeThru' is not a member of
> 'websiteName.websiteName_Public_Webinar_UCs_ucDDL_ Wb_Sched'.
>
> "hdnIsFirstTimeThru" being a hidden field on the webpage.
> The webpages do use user controls.
>
> It displays this message for EVERY control in every user-control.
>
> I read on the internet that it is best to create new pages and
> copy and paste the original code into the newly created pages.
> Considering this is a farily big project, that would probably take
> a week or two to complete.
>
> Is there another solution?

Get the Namespace used in control's Designer to match the Namespace the
project is now under. Also look at where namespace reference is pointing
to on the HTML code.

Jennifer Mathews

Thank you for the reply.

> Get the Namespace used in control's Designer to match the Namespace the project is now
> under. Also look at where namespace reference is pointing to on the HTML code.

They are the same. I just changed the location the folders were in from
c:\xx1\webSiteName\webSiteName
c:\xx2\webSiteName\webSiteName

Anything else you can think of?

"Mr. Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 7/26/2010 9:22 AM, Jennifer Mathews wrote:
>> Visual Studio 2008 vb.Net .net 3.5
>>
>> I have a solution in a directory called
>> c:\HereIam\webSiteName\websiteName
>> It compiles and publishes perfectly.
>>
>> I created a new solution in
>> c:\mySrc\websiteName\websiteName
>>
>> I copied all the files from c:\HereIam\webSiteName
>> except the solution & project (vbproj & vbproj.user) files.
>>
>> I am adding each page to the NEW solution one by one.
>> As long as the NEW solution only contains hyperlinks it compiles perfectly.
>>
>> As soon as I add pages that contain controls it get the error:
>>
>> Error 1 'hdnIsFirstTimeThru' is not a member of
>> 'websiteName.websiteName_Public_Webinar_UCs_ucDDL_ Wb_Sched'.
>>
>> "hdnIsFirstTimeThru" being a hidden field on the webpage.
>> The webpages do use user controls.
>>
>> It displays this message for EVERY control in every user-control.
>>
>> I read on the internet that it is best to create new pages and
>> copy and paste the original code into the newly created pages.
>> Considering this is a farily big project, that would probably take
>> a week or two to complete.
>>
>> Is there another solution?

Mr. Arnold

"Jennifer Mathews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you for the reply.
>
>> Get the Namespace used in control's Designer to match the Namespace the
>> project is now under. Also look at where namespace reference is pointing
>> to on the HTML code.

> They are the same. I just changed the location the folders were in from
> c:\xx1\webSiteName\webSiteName
> c:\xx2\webSiteName\webSiteName
>
> Anything else you can think of?

Are sure you're not having some kind of 'runat="server"' tag problem on the
control?

Jennifer Mathews

It was strictly a copy and paste.

"Mr. Arnold" <MR. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Jennifer Mathews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thank you for the reply.
>>
>>> Get the Namespace used in control's Designer to match the Namespace the project is
>>> now under. Also look at where namespace reference is pointing to on the HTML code.

>> They are the same. I just changed the location the folders were in from
>> c:\xx1\webSiteName\webSiteName
>> c:\xx2\webSiteName\webSiteName
>>
>> Anything else you can think of?

> Are sure you're not having some kind of 'runat="server"' tag problem on the control?

MARK GARZON

Hi I read about your problem "is not a member of". Could you found a solution??, I appreciate if you guide me with this problem.

Regards

> On Monday, July 26, 2010 9:22 AM Jennifer Mathews wrote:

> Visual Studio 2008 vb.Net .net 3.5
>
> I have a solution in a directory called
> c:\HereIam\webSiteName\websiteName
> It compiles and publishes perfectly.
>
> I created a new solution in
> c:\mySrc\websiteName\websiteName
>
> I copied all the files from c:\HereIam\webSiteName
> except the solution & project (vbproj & vbproj.user) files.
>
> I am adding each page to the NEW solution one by one.
> As long as the NEW solution only contains hyperlinks it compiles perfectly.
>
> As soon as I add pages that contain controls it get the error:
>
> Error 1 'hdnIsFirstTimeThru' is not a member of
> 'websiteName.websiteName_Public_Webinar_UCs_ucDDL_ Wb_Sched'.
>
> "hdnIsFirstTimeThru" being a hidden field on the webpage.
> The webpages do use user controls.
>
> It displays this message for EVERY control in every user-control.
>
> I read on the internet that it is best to create new pages and
> copy and paste the original code into the newly created pages.
> Considering this is a farily big project, that would probably take
> a week or two to complete.
>
> Is there another solution?
>
> Thanks

>> On Monday, July 26, 2010 1:29 PM Mr. Arnold wrote:

>> On 7/26/2010 9:22 AM, Jennifer Mathews wrote:
>>
>> Get the Namespace used in control's Designer to match the Namespace the
>> project is now under. Also look at where namespace reference is pointing
>> to on the HTML code.

>>> On Monday, July 26, 2010 3:48 PM Jennifer Mathews wrote:

>>> Thank you for the reply.
>>>

>>> They are the same. I just changed the location the folders were in from
>>> c:\xx1\webSiteName\webSiteName
>>> c:\xx2\webSiteName\webSiteName
>>>
>>> Anything else you can think of?

Brian Cryer

"MARK GARZON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi I read about your problem "is not a member of". Could you found a
> solution??, I appreciate if you guide me
> with this problem.

I don't know whether Jennifer ever found a satisfactory solution, but I've
had a similar problem once and it turned out to be because of an old dll
file. So I'd suggest doing a clean on your solution, then (before building)
deleting everything from all the bin folders in your solution and then try
recompiling. (You can delete the bin folders but its best to restart visual
studio if you do that.) What this will ensure is that you don't have any old
compilations left, as I suspect that's the cause of the problem.

Needless to say be sure to take a copy before you delete stuff.

Hope this helps.
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian