Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New photo on flickr....

New photo on flickr....

Tzortzakakis Dimitris

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/4828134924/
A fortification wall in the leper colony.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

DanP

On Jul 25, 9:04*pm, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/4828134924/
> A fortification wall in the leper colony.
>
> --
> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
> major in electrical engineering
> mechanized infantry reservist
> hordad AT otenet DOT gr

Why did they make a wall? I cannot imagine anyone wanting to get in.

DanP

Tzortzakakis Dimitris

? "DanP" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Jul 25, 9:04 pm, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44148682@N02/4828134924/
> A fortification wall in the leper colony.
>
> --
> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
> major in electrical engineering
> mechanized infantry reservist
> hordad AT otenet DOT gr

>Why did they make a wall? I cannot imagine anyone >wanting to get in.

Obviously, before it was a leper colony, it was a venetian fort. (Crete was
occupied in medieval times and later, by the Venetians and the Ottomans).
There is a famous castle in Iraklion, Koules, which is also Venetian.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraklion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinalonga