Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help About URL Rewriting

Help About URL Rewriting

esad

Hi,

I have a asp.net 2.0 website. I want the links to look user friendly,
search engine friendly and easy to track. I tried
intelligencia.UrlRewriter and could invert links to what I want them
to look like. However I couldn't accomplished to map them(I think the
IIS side) so I recieve server error(source cannot found). I have read
several articles and follow the instructions whereas I couldnt able to
complete. I need to work with multiple querystrings as well.

Can someone help and provide me a full complete instruction with
whatever rewriter or method? Or give an idea.

I want my default page url to look like http://www.domain.com/somevaluefromd...xtfromdatabase
and when I click on the button it should directed to the
http://www.domain.com/CheckOut/somev...xtfromdatabase
and get somevaluefromdatabase as a querystring.

Thanks in advance

Esad

PJ6

URL rewrite requires IIS7, and it's possible either your development machine
or your server has IIS6.

If you're willing to investigate the other options, I would recommend you
look at routing as a (possibly) superior alternative.

I've used routing myself to allow a smooth transition from WebForms to an
MVC-style design with pretty good results.

Just dug this link up, it might help you get started -
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet...g_routing.aspx

Paul

"esad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>

> I have a asp.net 2.0 website. I want the links to look user friendly,
> search engine friendly and easy to track. I tried
> intelligencia.UrlRewriter and could invert links to what I want them
> to look like. However I couldn't accomplished to map them(I think the
> IIS side) so I recieve server error(source cannot found). I have read
> several articles and follow the instructions whereas I couldnt able to
> complete. I need to work with multiple querystrings as well.
>
> Can someone help and provide me a full complete instruction with
> whatever rewriter or method? Or give an idea.
>

> I want my default page url to look like
> http://www.domain.com/somevaluefromd...xtfromdatabase
> and when I click on the button it should directed to the
> http://www.domain.com/CheckOut/somev...xtfromdatabase
> and get somevaluefromdatabase as a querystring.
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Esad

Roshawn

If you don't mind upgrading to ASP.NET 3.5, then you can easily create friendly urls using
the System.Web.Routing assembly.

Shawn