Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Moonset Over Zion

Reply
Thread Tools

Moonset Over Zion

 
 
M-M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2010
Taken inside Zion National Park from the bottom of the canyon.

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_23928w.jpg

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2010
"M-M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Taken inside Zion National Park from the bottom of the canyon.
>
> http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_23928w.jpg
>
> --
> m-m
> http://www.mhmyers.com




Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
blurry outline ruins it for me.

--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Twibil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2010
On Jul 23, 6:50*am, M-M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
> Taken inside Zion National Park from the bottom of the canyon.


Nice photo.

Makes the viewer stop and think about what he's seeing.

~Pete
 
Reply With Quote
 
GMAN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2010
In article <4c499fe1$0$5504$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com>, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"M-M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Taken inside Zion National Park from the bottom of the canyon.
>>
>> http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_23928w.jpg
>>
>> --
>> m-m
>> http://www.mhmyers.com

>
>
>
>Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
>blurry outline ruins it for me.
>

None of you seem happy with anyones effort unless it was "YOU" who took the
picture, then its a masterpiece. I enjoyed this photo, flaws or no flaws.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2010
"GMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Yuk2o.873794$(E-Mail Removed)1.easynews.com...
> In article <4c499fe1$0$5504$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com>, "Peter"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>"M-M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Taken inside Zion National Park from the bottom of the canyon.
>>>
>>> http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_23928w.jpg
>>>
>>> --
>>> m-m
>>> http://www.mhmyers.com

>>
>>
>>
>>Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
>>blurry outline ruins it for me.
>>

> None of you seem happy with anyones effort unless it was "YOU" who took
> the
> picture, then its a masterpiece. I enjoyed this photo, flaws or no flaws.



That is neither a fair, nor true comment. With the exception of our resident
troll, there have been many compliments and hopeful suggestions. Life is not
a kindergarten and I am not related to the maker. If an image is submitted
for critique and I am so inclined I will make what I hope are helpful
suggestions. Just as when I submit an image in the SI, I hope to get honest
comment.

If you like the image, it would be helpful to all of us by saying why you
like it. That too is helpful critique.

--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
me
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2010
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:56:50 -0400, "Peter"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
>blurry outline ruins it for me.



How would you propose to have both the moon and the silhouette both be
sharp in a single shot with 1000mm f.l.?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2010
"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:56:50 -0400, "Peter"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
>>blurry outline ruins it for me.

>
>
> How would you propose to have both the moon and the silhouette both be
> sharp in a single shot with 1000mm f.l.?



The same way you take a picture of a hummingbird, with its wings frozen,
with a 28mm f5.6 lens, without strobe.

--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
me
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2010
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:25:09 -0400, "Peter"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:56:50 -0400, "Peter"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
>>>blurry outline ruins it for me.

>>
>>
>> How would you propose to have both the moon and the silhouette both be
>> sharp in a single shot with 1000mm f.l.?

>
>
>The same way you take a picture of a hummingbird, with its wings frozen,
>with a 28mm f5.6 lens, without strobe.


I'm sorry, I must be dense. Can you please be more explicit?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2010
"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:25:09 -0400, "Peter"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:56:50 -0400, "Peter"
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
>>>>blurry outline ruins it for me.
>>>
>>>
>>> How would you propose to have both the moon and the silhouette both be
>>> sharp in a single shot with 1000mm f.l.?

>>
>>
>>The same way you take a picture of a hummingbird, with its wings frozen,
>>with a 28mm f5.6 lens, without strobe.

>
> I'm sorry, I must be dense. Can you please be more explicit?




think impossible shot

--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tim Conway
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2010

"George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C86FA051.39A73%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
>
> On 7/23/10 3:26 PM, in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),
> "me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:56:50 -0400, "Peter"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Interesting effect. I would have liked to see the silhouette sharp. The
>>> blurry outline ruins it for me.

>>
>>
>> How would you propose to have both the moon and the silhouette both be
>> sharp in a single shot with 1000mm f.l.?

>
> Careful planning.
>

Two separate exposures. One focused on moon, other on rocks/trees. Combine
two in photoshop - masks, layers, combine layers. Voila.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seeking advice for moonset photography Paul Ciszek Digital Photography 7 07-23-2011 11:19 PM
Re: Seeking advice for moonset photography DanP Digital Photography 2 07-22-2011 01:16 PM
Re: Seeking advice for moonset photography DanP Digital Photography 2 07-21-2011 11:03 PM
Moonset at sunrise in Portugal Sosumi Digital Photography 1 09-27-2007 08:42 AM
911 FORGERY bigger than the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion pope_ratzinger_benedict@india.com Python 8 09-18-2006 12:33 PM



Advertisments