Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: System 32 Goodies

Re: System 32 Goodies

chuckcar

Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! <(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I was digging around in my friend's computer trying to find a way to
> start his wizard to set up a network connection (since it won't work
> from Control Panel) and found a buttload of groovy programs in system
> 32 that I had no idea existed.
> Can someone point me to an extensive description of all the programs
> therein and what they do?

http://technet.microsoft.com

The manuals MS no longer gives you with the OS.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar

Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! <(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> Everyone was getting along swimmingly in 24hoursupport.helpdesk on or
> about Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:06:04 +0000 (UTC) , when chuckcar
> <(E-Mail Removed)> ****ed everything up by saying:
>
>>Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! <(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote in
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) m:
>>
>>> I was digging around in my friend's computer trying to find a way to
>>> start his wizard to set up a network connection (since it won't work
>>> from Control Panel) and found a buttload of groovy programs in
>>> system 32 that I had no idea existed.
>>> Can someone point me to an extensive description of all the programs
>>> therein and what they do?

>>http://technet.microsoft.com
>>
>>The manuals MS no longer gives you with the OS.

> Is that manual somewhere on that page?

It's a *search* engine for *all* microsoft product problems and
documentation. What instruction do you *want* help with?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

John Holmes

Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Everyone was getting along swimmingly in 24hoursupport.helpdesk on or
> about Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:55:35 -0700 , when Evan Platt
> <evan@*******************************> ****ed everything up by saying:
>
>>On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:07:44 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>It's a *search* engine for *all* microsoft product problems and
>>>documentation. What instruction do you *want* help with?

>>****, can you not read?
>>
>>"trying to find a way to start his wizard to set up a network
>>connection"
>>
>>Idiot.

> Um...while I agree that chuckchuckbobuck *is* indeed an idiot, that's
> not at all what I'm asking.
>
> I sed:
>
> "I was digging around in my friend's computer trying to find a way to
> start his wizard to set up a network connection (since it won't work
> from Control Panel) and..."
>
> So I was doing the above and then I...
>
> "...found a buttload of groovy programs in
> system 32 that I had no idea existed...."
>
> Then I asked, and this is the meat of the question:
>
> "Can someone point me to an extensive description of all the programs
> therein and what they do?"
>
> So I'm looking for a list, but unlike what the wolf-man provided, a
> list that explains what each of these little programs do exactly.

I'd run all of them to see what they do.

--
<snip>

chuckcar

Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! <(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Everyone was getting along swimmingly in 24hoursupport.helpdesk on or
> about Sun, 25 Jul 2010 12:39:51 +0200 , when John Holmes
> <(E-Mail Removed)> ****ed everything up by saying:
>
>>Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> Everyone was getting along swimmingly in 24hoursupport.helpdesk on
>>> or about Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:55:35 -0700 , when Evan Platt
>>> <evan@*******************************> ****ed everything up by saying:

>>> Um...while I agree that chuckchuckbobuck *is* indeed an idiot,
>>> that's not at all what I'm asking.
>>>
>>> I sed:
>>>
>>> "I was digging around in my friend's computer trying to find a way
>>> to start his wizard to set up a network connection (since it won't
>>> work from Control Panel) and..."
>>>
>>> So I was doing the above and then I...
>>>
>>> "...found a buttload of groovy programs in
>>> system 32 that I had no idea existed...."
>>>
>>> Then I asked, and this is the meat of the question:
>>>
>>> "Can someone point me to an extensive description of all the
>>> programs therein and what they do?"
>>>
>>> So I'm looking for a list, but unlike what the wolf-man provided, a
>>> list that explains what each of these little programs do exactly.
>>>

>>I'd run all of them to see what they do.

> I guess I'm gonna have to.

No, seriously, just put the file name as a search for that url I gave
you. Without the extension.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )