Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Directing to a picture

Directing to a picture

Neredbojias

On 24 Jul 2010, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>> On 23 Jul 2010, Ed Mullen<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Actually, the images look good here (native display resolution of
>>> 1280 x 1024 LCD). Not the /very/ best but surely more than "ok."
>>>
>>> And the cow is quite adorable. My wife thinks I should get another
>>> guitar for my upcoming 60th birthday. I asked for a giraffe. She
>>> doesn't think the homeowners' association rules would allow for it.
>>> Even my arguments about the educational value to the neighborhood
>>> children went unrewarded. Geez.

>> I have to agree with your wife. If you got a giraffe, you'd really
>> be sticking your neck out.
>>

> But I'd never have to lean down to pick up an apple again!

Oh geez, I hope you're not one of them deluded Mac fans!

> (By the way, nice one!)

Kudos on your forthcoming sexigenarianism.

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

dorayme

In article <i2k98k$k8e$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,

> dorayme wrote:
> > Give me a
> > scrolling wheel on the front of a monitor any day!

> But a scrolling wheel sooooo analog|yesterday!

Yes, and I like analogue clock faces, even analogue clock
controls (the kitchen one is the ultimate, you yank the hands
themselves to the position wanted!), I cars with steering wheels
(you know, instead of those that you might have to press eight
buttons in a certain logic to turn left or right, time controlled
for amount of turn etc). The truth is that humans need wheels and
the long screaming analoguey continuums of Jimmy Hendrix... they
are *built* for yesterday.

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> copy-pasted from recent dorayme post:
> (I did not get it and this worries me -- what else am I missing?)
>
> =============
> In article <i2k98k$k8e$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > dorayme wrote:
> > > Give me a
> > > scrolling wheel on the front of a monitor any day!

> > But a scrolling wheel sooooo analog|yesterday!

> =============
>
> Is the above a post to alt.html ? If not, how did it get here?
> I have no kill filter. I looked at the 14,000 alt.htm's on my server.
> Not that this particular post is vital, but is my server missing a wheel?

This post is to alt.mars. If you are getting it Mason, I know who
you are! Don't leave earth for any reason, you are a marked man.

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article<(E-Mail Removed) >,
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >>
> >> Is the above a post to alt.html ? If not, how did it get here?
> >> I have no kill filter. I looked at the 14,000 alt.htm's on my server.
> >> Not that this particular post is vital, but is my server missing a wheel?

> > This post is to alt.mars. If you are getting it Mason, I know who
> > you are! Don't leave earth for any reason, you are a marked man.
> >

> Actually, letting Mason leave Earth might be a good thing. Just a thought!

That is a horrible thought Ed, you have no idea what awaits him
outside this earthly lunatic asylum.

--
dorayme