Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > <textarea> question

<textarea> question

Mel Smith

Hi:

I'd like to 'pimp up' my <textarea> input so that a user can use at
least 'bold' and 'underline' codes and see the result as they are entering
text.

If this is (reasonable) possible, I'd welcome any guidance, or links

Thank you.

-Mel Smith

--
Mel Smith

rf

"Mel Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> I'd like to 'pimp up' my <textarea> input so that a user can use at
> least 'bold' and 'underline' codes and see the result as they are entering
> text.

Not possible.

Mel Smith

rf said
>> I'd like to 'pimp up' my <textarea> input so that a user can use at
>> least 'bold' and 'underline' codes and see the result as they are
>> entering text.

> Not possible.

Thanks for letting me know

-Mel

rf

"Mel Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> rf said
>>> I'd like to 'pimp up' my <textarea> input so that a user can use at
>>> least 'bold' and 'underline' codes and see the result as they are
>>> entering text.

>> Not possible.
>>

> Thanks for letting me know

There is of course the option of using (or writing) a rich text editor.

Tinymce is one example but there are quite a few out there.

Quite complicated though if you decide to write one yourself. Getting the
cross-browser stuff (well, real browsers verses IE) is tedious and
copy/paste, expecially from Word, is a PITA.