Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Trying to redirect every urel request to test.py script with thevisitors page request as url parameter.

Trying to redirect every urel request to test.py script with thevisitors page request as url parameter.

Hello guys! This is my first post in this group!
I'am trying to create a python script to take a visitors page request
as url parameter, and the insert or update the counters database table
and the render the template(my tempalets are actually html files) that
has int hem special strign identifies format charactes so to replace
them with actual data form within my python script.

While the mod_rewwrite redirects okey

when i try to http://webville.gr apache by default tries to open
idnex.html file right?

but due to

Code:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
RewriteRule ^/?(.+) /cgi-bin/test.py?page=$1 [L,PT]

redirectes the url to test.py script and i expect it to give to my
pythoin script the initial url before the mod_rewrite as a URL
parameter.

while i tested and my script works ok(its a simple test cghi script
afgter all)

when i enable out mod_rewriute code within the htaccess file i get an
Internal Server Error

You can see if you try to http://webville.gr/index.html

whiel if i disbale mod_rewrite code my test.py script work proiducing
results.

That leads me to beleive that the intiial requests never passes as url
parameter.

my python script is this simple script:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import cgitb
import os, sys, socket, datetime
cgitb.enable()

print ( "Content-type: text/html\n" )

# get some enviromental values
if os.environ.has_key('HTTP_REFERER'):
page = os.environ['HTTP_REFERER']
else:
page = "tipota"

host = socket.gethostbyaddr( os.environ['REMOTE_ADDR'] )[0]
date = datetime.datetime.now().strftime( '%y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S' )

print page, host, date

Can you help please?
Also i want the code to redirect to test.py only if the initial
request is a .html page not with every page.

Thanks again!

Jason Friedman

2010/7/20 <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Hello guys! This is my first post in this group!

I do not have an answer to your question, other than to suggest you
look at (and/or post) relevant lines from Apache's access.log and
error.log.

I write mostly to say that, in my experience, folks on this list are
very helpful, but your post has many, many spelling errors, making it
difficult to read. It looks like you are using Gmail, which has a
"Check Spelling" drop-down on the compose window. If you re-post with
better spelling you might get more responses.