Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FireFox: Flashing Problem when Mouse Over

FireFox: Flashing Problem when Mouse Over

Rich

Getting a strange problem when I mouse over a link or button. The screen
flashes to a black screen quickly and then back. I also don't have the
ability to resize the window and the top description panel with the minimize
or X exit buttons are now missing. The firefox window takes up my entire
screen and not able to get to my Task Bar at the bottom causing the problem
of not being able to open another program without closing firefox.

FireFox 3.6.6
Mandravia 2010.1
Linux

phase3@earthlink.us.com

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:30:03 -0700, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Getting a strange problem when I mouse over a link or button. The screen
>flashes to a black screen quickly and then back. I also don't have the
>ability to resize the window and the top description panel with the minimize
>or X exit buttons are now missing. The firefox window takes up my entire
>screen and not able to get to my Task Bar at the bottom causing the problem
>of not being able to open another program without closing firefox.
>
>FireFox 3.6.6
>Mandravia 2010.1
>Linux

No one can help you because you're using Linux. No body uses Linux
anymore. The problem is probably in Linux, which Linux is so full of
bugs that no one uses it.

Ralph Fox

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:30:03 -0700, in message <i21nhe$fq2$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>
Rich wrote:

> Getting a strange problem when I mouse over a link or button. The screen
> flashes to a black screen quickly and then back. I also don't have the
> ability to resize the window and the top description panel with the minimize
> or X exit buttons are now missing. The firefox window takes up my entire
> screen and not able to get to my Task Bar at the bottom causing the problem
> of not being able to open another program without closing firefox.
>
> FireFox 3.6.6
> Mandravia 2010.1
> Linux

I suggest you use the news server "news.mozilla.org" to ask your question
in the newsgroup "mozilla.support.firefox" which you will find there.
Most people have moved there. There are Linux users there, and there are
fewer lame trolls like phase3.

KNode handles multiple news servers, so I read.
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdepim...-news-accounts
Set up "news.mozilla.org" as another news server.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

The Real Bev

On 08/30/10 01:52, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:30:03 -0700, Rich<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Getting a strange problem when I mouse over a link or button. The screen
>>flashes to a black screen quickly and then back. I also don't have the
>>ability to resize the window and the top description panel with the minimize
>>or X exit buttons are now missing. The firefox window takes up my entire
>>screen and not able to get to my Task Bar at the bottom causing the problem
>>of not being able to open another program without closing firefox.
>>
>>FireFox 3.6.6
>>Mandravia 2010.1
>>Linux

> No one can help you because you're using Linux. No body uses Linux
> anymore. The problem is probably in Linux, which Linux is so full of
> bugs that no one uses it.

Ah, another M$ employee doing his best to...uh...something. Or a
Follower of Tux pulling a reverse whammy. Or something completely
different.

I've been using slackware/fvwm95 since 1995 and I've never experienced
anything like that. Standard suggestion is to start FF with a new
profile (firefox -P) and see if that works right. If so, disable all
the extensions in your default profile and start adding them in two by
two (lots of restarting FF here) until you discover the culprit.

Sorry for the late reply, I just started reading this group.

--
Cheers, Bev
I can picture a world without war, without hate. I can picture