Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: No MAC addy

Re: No MAC addy

Mike Easter

snuhwolf wrote:
> Odd, but there seems to be no way to display the MAC address of this
> pcmcia card in BeOS...

How many of us do you think have a BeOS to look at to help you?

> if I look in the linksys routers config page its
> listed as 01:00:00:00:00

That seems strange but possible, especially if it is able to be modified
by something you have done accidentally.

> I can see on the oustide of the card it has a way different number than
> that...apparently the 'netstat' module included with the BeOS dont
> access the MAC address properly. I shood trie it in teh linuxes adn see
> wot iz happeneng.

There are a lot of tools that you could boot with that you would be able
to see the mac address with.

It isn't a big deal. Don't try to do it with Be.

--
Mike Easter

chuckcar

Mike Easter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> snuhwolf wrote:
>> Odd, but there seems to be no way to display the MAC address of this
>> pcmcia card in BeOS...

> How many of us do you think have a BeOS to look at to help you?
>
> > if I look in the linksys routers config page its
>> listed as 01:00:00:00:00

> That seems strange but possible, especially if it is able to be
> modified by something you have done accidentally.

Actually, that looks suspiciously like a PCI bus ID to me more than
anything else.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Meat Plow

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 01:39:08 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

> Mike Easter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> snuhwolf wrote:
>>> Odd, but there seems to be no way to display the MAC address of this
>>> pcmcia card in BeOS...

>> How many of us do you think have a BeOS to look at to help you?
>>
>> > if I look in the linksys routers config page its
>>> listed as 01:00:00:00:00

>> That seems strange but possible, especially if it is able to be
>> modified by something you have done accidentally.
>>

> Actually, that looks suspiciously like a PCI bus ID to me more than
> anything else.

Actually it looks like a Teredo IPV6 tunneling whachamacallit thingy that
translats VPN via WAN and LAN DNS

--
Altopia.com $12/m 10 unlimited connections

chuckcar

Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 01:39:08 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
>
>> Mike Easter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> How many of us do you think have a BeOS to look at to help you?

>>> That seems strange but possible, especially if it is able to be
>>> modified by something you have done accidentally.
>>>

>> Actually, that looks suspiciously like a PCI bus ID to me more than
>> anything else.

> Actually it looks like a Teredo IPV6 tunneling whachamacallit thingy
> that translats VPN via WAN and LAN DNS

LOL. You really have no clue or good reason to be here do you?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Meat Plow

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:21:53 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 01:39:08 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
>>
>>> Mike Easter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Actually, that looks suspiciously like a PCI bus ID to me more than
>>> anything else.

>> Actually it looks like a Teredo IPV6 tunneling whachamacallit thingy
>> that translats VPN via WAN and LAN DNS
>>

> LOL. You really have no clue or good reason to be here do you?

Sure I do, to make fun of retards like you.

joevan

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:35:18 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:21:53 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
>
>> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Actually it looks like a Teredo IPV6 tunneling whachamacallit thingy
>>> that translats VPN via WAN and LAN DNS
>>>

>> LOL. You really have no clue or good reason to be here do you?

>Sure I do, to make fun of retards like you.

Good one. But you know something. The guy must be retarded because he
never seems fazed by all the compliments he gets. : o)

Meat Plow

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:45:02 -0400, joevan wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:35:18 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:21:53 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
>>
>>> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news(E-Mail Removed):

>>> LOL. You really have no clue or good reason to be here do you?

>>Sure I do, to make fun of retards like you.

> Good one. But you know something. The guy must be retarded because he
> never seems fazed by all the compliments he gets. : o)

I'm convinced he's been teased about being retarded all his life.

Re: No MAC addy chuckcar Computer Support 0 07-19-2010 12:42 AM
copying contents of billing addy to shipping addy libsfan01 Javascript 4 06-16-2006 04:03 PM
munged amail addy or not? Big Bill HTML 3 12-29-2004 01:47 AM
That's not an e-mail addy! JaR MCSE 19 09-09-2004 05:46 AM
ATTention anyone know the news addy for aol... and can u access thisfrom aol??? Patrick Computer Support 1 09-04-2003 11:54 PM

Advertisments