Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python source checkout problem

Python source checkout problem

Andrew Lucas

I am trying to check-out the python source using subversion. The
documentation says that

"svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk"

should do the trick.

When I do this I get the following response:

"svn: REPORT of '/projects/!svn/vcc/default': 200 OK (http://
svn.python.org)"

There is now a hidden .svn folder in my directory, but I can't find
any source anywhere, all subdirectories are empty.

When I try to update via

"svn update"

I get the following response.

"svn: Server sent unexpected return value (307 Proxy Redirect) in
response to OPTIONS request for 'http://svn.python.org/projects/python/
trunk' "

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Andrew

Terry Reedy

On 7/15/2010 11:23 AM, Andrew Lucas wrote:
> I am trying to check-out the python source using subversion. The
> documentation says that

Which doc? It probably needs to be changed.

> "svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk"

I believe 'trunk' is frozen as of the 2.7 release.
I suspect you want the releasexy-maint branch for some value of x and y
or py3k for what is now the main developmemt branch. (3.2a)

As to the errors: I am currently browsing the svn view ok. I would try
again to make sure it was not a temporary glitch.

--
Terry Jan Reedy

Mike Nerone

On 07/15/2010 10:23 AM, Andrew Lucas wrote:
> "svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk"

> "svn: Server sent unexpected return value (307 Proxy Redirect) in
> response to OPTIONS request for 'http://svn.python.org/projects/python/
> trunk' "

Assuming trunk is what you actually want, I would guess that your
environment has a proxy server that's not compatible with subversion
getting in your way. Ask your network admins if you're at a business
location.

Mike Nerone