Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop refuses to get on the workgroup

Laptop refuses to get on the workgroup

Mr.G (@@)

Hi and I have 3 computers on a wireless router. All 3 are on the
internet. The the 3 desktops are on the workgroup but the laptop
refuses too. I can ping the laptop from the Main desktop but I don't
see it in the workgroup. On the laptop I can all all the shared
folders in "My Network Places". The laptop can even access the shared
folders on the 2 desktop computers. I turned off all firewalls. I even
added the IP address I got from pinging it in the properties for the
Network adapter and still not on the workgroup. All 3 computers have
the same name for their workgroup. Thanks for any advice. They all use
XP Pro.

Aardvark

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:09:53 -0700, Mr.G (@¿@) wrote:

> Hi and I have 3 computers on a wireless router. All 3 are on the
> internet. The the 3 desktops are on the workgroup but the laptop refuses
> too. I can ping the laptop from the Main desktop but I don't see it in
> the workgroup. On the laptop I can all all the shared folders in "My
> Network Places". The laptop can even access the shared folders on the 2
> desktop computers. I turned off all firewalls. I even added the IP
> address I got from pinging it in the properties for the Network adapter
> and still not on the workgroup. All 3 computers have the same name for
> their workgroup. Thanks for any advice. They all use XP Pro.

Ask K-man. He'll know.

]v[etaphoid

"Mr.G (@@)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi and I have 3 computers on a wireless router. All 3 are on the
> internet. The the 3 desktops are on the workgroup but the laptop
> refuses too. I can ping the laptop from the Main desktop but I don't
> see it in the workgroup. On the laptop I can all all the shared
> folders in "My Network Places". The laptop can even access the shared
> folders on the 2 desktop computers. I turned off all firewalls. I even
> added the IP address I got from pinging it in the properties for the
> Network adapter and still not on the workgroup. All 3 computers have
> the same name for their workgroup. Thanks for any advice. They all use
> XP Pro.

Have you tried counselling it for it's insubordinate attitude?

skeeter

"Mr.G (@@)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi and I have 3 computers on a wireless router. All 3 are on the
> internet. The the 3 desktops are on the workgroup but the laptop
> refuses too. I can ping the laptop from the Main desktop but I don't
> see it in the workgroup. On the laptop I can all all the shared
> folders in "My Network Places". The laptop can even access the shared
> folders on the 2 desktop computers. I turned off all firewalls. I even
> added the IP address I got from pinging it in the properties for the
> Network adapter and still not on the workgroup. All 3 computers have
> the same name for their workgroup. Thanks for any advice. They all use
> XP Pro.

this same happened to me. check to be sure client for microsoft networks is
installed on all .

Meat Plow

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:09:53 -0700, Mr.G (@¿@) wrote:

> Hi and I have 3 computers on a wireless router. All 3 are on the
> internet. The the 3 desktops are on the workgroup but the laptop refuses
> too. I can ping the laptop from the Main desktop but I don't see it in
> the workgroup. On the laptop I can all all the shared folders in "My
> Network Places". The laptop can even access the shared folders on the 2
> desktop computers. I turned off all firewalls. I even added the IP
> address I got from pinging it in the properties for the Network adapter
> and still not on the workgroup. All 3 computers have the same name for
> their workgroup. Thanks for any advice. They all use XP Pro.

Make sure all the workgroup names match.

--
Altopia.com $12/m 10 unlimited connections

Meat Plow

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:50:21 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

> st0nned!!!!!!!!!!

We know.

--
Altopia.com $12/m 10 unlimited connections