Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > What place/s in the world would you most want to take a self portraitin ?

What place/s in the world would you most want to take a self portraitin ?

Pat

If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

Paul Heslop

Pat wrote:

> If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
> of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
> portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

somwhere really dark :O)

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look

Bruce

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:04:25 -0700 (PDT), Pat <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
>of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
>portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

Portofino, Italy. It is simply the most beautiful place on Earth.

http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=portofino

Me

On 14/07/2010 12:04 p.m., Pat wrote:
> If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
> of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
> portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

I think strapped to a gurney in an execution ceremony in a death chamber
in Texas, even though the scene may look faked because I'm a white guy.

otter

On Jul 13, 9:10*pm, C J Campbell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2010-07-13 17:04:25 -0700, Pat <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
> > of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
> > portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

> Heaven. I think that would be self-explanatory.

I think that would be the last place I'd want to be.

John A.

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 23:38:57 -0700, "John Sisker"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
>> of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
>> portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

>I think Deborah would say France, based on her interest in this country,
>including the people, culture and food. In fact, she can even speak and
>write the language. I on the other hand, would probably say Alaska, simply
>because of the open space and beautiful scenery. Of course, with Photoshop,
>that is easily accomplished in any case. But admittedly, it's not the same
>as actually being there. Yet, I don't feel a self portrait is important of
>me standing in front of anything, as is the fact that I was actually there
>behind the camera taking the picture in the first place.

So you'll just be taking the classic Facebook/Myspace profile pic in
the hotel bathroom mirror with the flash on and the camera tilted,
then?

John McWilliams

[aus.photo out.]
Alan Browne wrote:
> On 10-07-13 20:04 , Pat wrote:
>> If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
>> of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
>> portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

> Piloting a hot aerobatic airplane in the Canadian Rockies.
>
> I love flying and extreme attitudes.

Freudian slip??

--
john mcwilliams

Peter

"Bowser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:04:25 -0700 (PDT), Pat <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
>>of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
>>portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

> On top of one of the great pyramids.
>
> 'Cause they're there.

Sitting or standing?

--
Peter

Noons

On Jul 14, 10:04*am, Pat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
> of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
> portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

Aconcagua, Argentina. Amazing mountain. Tallest in Southern
Hemisphere.
Tata-Mai-Lau, East Timor. Only 3Kms but one can see the whole island
from it. Been there before: worth every second, planning to go back
soon.
Top of Uluru, Australia, with Mt Connor and Katatjuta in the
background. Been there, want to go back one day. Awesome doesn't even
begin to define it.

John McWilliams

Alan Browne wrote:
> On 10-07-14 12:43 , John McWilliams wrote:
>> [aus.photo out.]
>> Alan Browne wrote:
>>>
>>> Piloting a hot aerobatic airplane in the Canadian Rockies.
>>>
>>> I love flying and extreme attitudes.

>> Freudian slip??

> I prefer Victorian corsets, actually.

TMI.....