Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > height property of HTML table

height property of HTML table

Sebastiano

I have written a simple page with a 1x1 HTML table. I have set the two
property height and width of the table to 100%. I have named this page
test.htm and I try to see it using my IIS 5.0 (in Windows 2000 pro) and IE
6.1. My machine have installed .NET Framework 1.1 too. I see my page right,
the table covers all the space of the browser. If I change the page name in
test.aspx and I try to reload it, the height property is ignored and the
table is height as default, not all the page. Why? Is it a bug of .NET
Framework? If I examine the source code from IE the code is right, with the
right value for height property...

Many thanks

Sebastiano

Michael Ramey

Can you post your html source for this page, this I have to see. Just tried
this myself and it seemed to work fine to me, I don't see why it possibly
wouldn't.

"Sebastiano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have written a simple page with a 1x1 HTML table. I have set the two
> property height and width of the table to 100%. I have named this page
> test.htm and I try to see it using my IIS 5.0 (in Windows 2000 pro) and IE
> 6.1. My machine have installed .NET Framework 1.1 too. I see my page

right,
> the table covers all the space of the browser. If I change the page name

in
> test.aspx and I try to reload it, the height property is ignored and the
> table is height as default, not all the page. Why? Is it a bug of .NET
> Framework? If I examine the source code from IE the code is right, with

the
> right value for height property...
>
> Many thanks
>
> Sebastiano

Sebastiano

The code is very simple, just this:

<%@ Page Language="C#" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1"
%>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

bye

Sebastiano

"Michael Ramey" <raterus@localhost> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you post your html source for this page, this I have to see. Just

tried
> this myself and it seemed to work fine to me, I don't see why it possibly
> wouldn't.
>

> "Sebastiano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have written a simple page with a 1x1 HTML table. I have set the two
> > property height and width of the table to 100%. I have named this page
> > test.htm and I try to see it using my IIS 5.0 (in Windows 2000 pro) and

IE
> > 6.1. My machine have installed .NET Framework 1.1 too. I see my page

> right,
> > the table covers all the space of the browser. If I change the page name

> in
> > test.aspx and I try to reload it, the height property is ignored and

the
> > table is height as default, not all the page. Why? Is it a bug of .NET
> > Framework? If I examine the source code from IE the code is right, with

> the
> > right value for height property...
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Sebastiano

Michael Ramey

It's in your <!DOCTYPE ..> tag, take it out and it'll work fine. It's
probably something the W3C wants to phase out to get you to start using
stylesheets, I'd suggest researching the appropriate css to get it to work
the same.

HTH,
--Michael

"Sebastiano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The code is very simple, just this:
>
> <%@ Page Language="C#" ContentType="text/html"

ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1"
> %>
> <head>
> <title>Untitled Document</title>
> </head>
>
> bye
>
> Sebastiano
>
> "Michael Ramey" <raterus@localhost> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can you post your html source for this page, this I have to see. Just

> tried
> > this myself and it seemed to work fine to me, I don't see why it

possibly
> > wouldn't.
> >

> > "Sebastiano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have written a simple page with a 1x1 HTML table. I have set the two
> > > property height and width of the table to 100%. I have named this page
> > > test.htm and I try to see it using my IIS 5.0 (in Windows 2000 pro)

and
> IE
> > > 6.1. My machine have installed .NET Framework 1.1 too. I see my page

> > right,
> > > the table covers all the space of the browser. If I change the page

name
> > in
> > > test.aspx and I try to reload it, the height property is ignored and

> the
> > > table is height as default, not all the page. Why? Is it a bug of .NET
> > > Framework? If I examine the source code from IE the code is right,

with
> > the
> > > right value for height property...
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> > >
> > > Sebastiano

Shahar

hi
I have the same configuration and the following code is work just fine
under my.aspx file (and my.htm):

<HTML>
<form id="frmMain" method="post" runat="server">
</form>
</HTML>