Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Apple: Laughing at the sheep

Apple: Laughing at the sheep

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Jul 13, 11:00=A0pm, SMS <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 13/07/10 7:30 PM, Rich wrote:
>>
>> > The new model will be the iPhone DT a special model that includes a
>> > 1/2" x 2" strip of duct tape, for only $25.00 over the cost of the
>> > current iPhone.

>> I'm sure a bunch of manufacturers in China are gearing up production of
>> 1/2" x 2" pieces of duct tape and it will be available after-market for
>> much less than $25.

>Seriously, Apple should simply provide a piece of opaque or clear
>tape, with a good acrylic or silicone adhesive. Once applied, it will
>stay put forever.

It deserves a recall.

Bruce

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:41:05 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-07-14 15:26:03 -0700, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:16:03 -0500, Allen <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The main difference between people and sheep is that humans
>>> are divided into two groups: PC users and Apple users.

>> Surely you meant "Nikon users and Canon users"?

>Naah! He meant PC users here they are in the wild.
>< http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC3471Aw.jpg >

PC and Mac? Nikon and Canon? Can you really tell them apart?

Tzortzakakis Dimitris

? "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:4c3e114f$0$5487$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com...

http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck/2010/07/12/

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Peter

"Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i1niu2$ko3$(E-Mail Removed)...

> ? "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
> news:4c3e114f$0$5487$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com...
>> "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>
>>> <snip>

>>> The main difference between people and sheep is that humans are divided
>>> into two groups: PC users and Apple users.
>>> Allen

>> What about Linux & Solaris?
>> And then there are the Linux distributions. You think Canon v Nikon gets
>> abusive?

> http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck/2010/07/12/

I suspect none of those guys owns, or uses a Blad

--
Peter

otter

On Jul 15, 4:48*pm, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Steve Jobs: *"You can all go F--- YOURSELVES!!!"
> Meanwhile, Home Depot reports brisk sales of its shoddy duct tape.

Home Depot's duct tape is the finest quality! Much better than
Lowes. Are you an LDT troll?

Shawn Hirn

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:01:13 -0400, Shawn Hirn <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> >
> >I don't have an iPhone 4, but there is an Apple Store five minutes from
> >where I live. I stopped by there and I tried to get it to drop all the
> >signal bars, but the signal strength remained steady. I tried it on
> >several different display models. They all worked fine.
> >
> >Last Saturday, I had lunch with a friend who bought an iPhone 4 and she
> >loves it. I tried getting the signal strength to drop on it too by
> >holding it on the lower corners, but the signal strength remained strong.

> You are obviously unaware of two faults; one is that any contact
> between your fingers and the aerial dramatically reduces signal
> strength, and the other is that the signal strength meter is faulty
> and shows a strong signal when in fact it is weak. In particular, it
> shows no sign of the reduction in signal strength when you touch the
> aerial.
>
> Both faults have officially been admitted by Apple, but so far there
> are no proposals from the company as to how either will be fixed.
>

> >So I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

> No, you don't appear to be able to see it at all.

I am well aware of those two issues. My point is that after trying to
see them myself on at least six different iPhone 4 units, none of them
exhibited the signal drop off problem.

Bruce

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:40:36 -0400, Shawn Hirn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:01:13 -0400, Shawn Hirn <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >I don't have an iPhone 4, but there is an Apple Store five minutes from
>> >where I live. I stopped by there and I tried to get it to drop all the
>> >signal bars, but the signal strength remained steady. I tried it on
>> >several different display models. They all worked fine.
>> >
>> >Last Saturday, I had lunch with a friend who bought an iPhone 4 and she
>> >loves it. I tried getting the signal strength to drop on it too by
>> >holding it on the lower corners, but the signal strength remained strong.

>> You are obviously unaware of two faults; one is that any contact
>> between your fingers and the aerial dramatically reduces signal
>> strength, and the other is that the signal strength meter is faulty
>> and shows a strong signal when in fact it is weak. In particular, it
>> shows no sign of the reduction in signal strength when you touch the
>> aerial.
>>
>> Both faults have officially been admitted by Apple, but so far there
>> are no proposals from the company as to how either will be fixed.
>>

>> >So I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

>> No, you don't appear to be able to see it at all.

>I am well aware of those two issues. My point is that after trying to
>see them myself on at least six different iPhone 4 units, none of them
>exhibited the signal drop off problem.

The whole point is that iPhone 4 still displays a strong signal on its
signal strength meter even when the signal is too weak to make a call.
It also fails to display when the signal weakens because the aerial
has been touched by the user. This is now very widely known, not least
because of Consumer Reports' well publicised report on the iPhone 4.

Obviously, this information hasn't reached you yet. Perhaps it will
sink in soon. Or perhaps you are just in denial.

nospam

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >I am well aware of those two issues. My point is that after trying to
> >see them myself on at least six different iPhone 4 units, none of them
> >exhibited the signal drop off problem.

> The whole point is that iPhone 4 still displays a strong signal on its
> signal strength meter even when the signal is too weak to make a call.
> It also fails to display when the signal weakens because the aerial
> has been touched by the user. This is now very widely known, not least
> because of Consumer Reports' well publicised report on the iPhone 4.
>
> Obviously, this information hasn't reached you yet. Perhaps it will
> sink in soon. Or perhaps you are just in denial.

or maybe you aren't aware of the entire issue, believing just a few
soundbites.

although there are people who report problems with the iphone 4, there
are other iphone 4 users for whom no matter how hard they try, do not
experience any problem. a few reports even say reception gets better
when the antenna is touched. it's not anywhere near as simple as some
of the reports make it out to be.

and it's not just iphones:

<http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/android/f/94/p/3681/15322.aspx>

Talked to tech at sprint and best buy , all evos and HTC phones are
having major reception problems and told me to exchange phone. I have
1 or two bars most of day in muliple locations and dropped calls
constantly and bad connections were people complain all day long.

Rich

On Jul 16, 2:48*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:40:36 -0400, Shawn Hirn <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> You are obviously unaware of two faults; one is that any contact
> >> between your fingers and the aerial dramatically reduces signal
> >> strength, and the other is that the signal strength meter is faulty
> >> and shows a strong signal when in fact it is weak. *In particular, it
> >> shows no sign of the reduction in signal strength when you touch the
> >> aerial.

> >> Both faults have officially been admitted by Apple, but so far there
> >> are no proposals from the company as to how either will be fixed.

> >> No, you don't appear to be able to see it at all. *

> >I am well aware of those two issues. My point is that after trying to
> >see them myself on at least six different iPhone 4 units, none of them
> >exhibited the signal drop off problem.

> The whole point is that iPhone 4 still displays a strong signal on its
> signal strength meter even when the signal is too weak to make a call.
> It also fails to display when the signal weakens because the aerial
> has been touched by the user. This is now very widely known, not least
> because of Consumer Reports' well publicised report on the iPhone 4.
>
> Obviously, this information hasn't reached you yet. *Perhaps it will
> sink in soon. *Or perhaps you are just in denial.

Meanwhile, so much for the thin form-factor of this new camera, Jobs
just eliminated that advantage with this pathetic offering. What a
greedy CORPORATE MUTT Jobs is. The "rebel company" who conned all the
retards into believing he wasn't just another corporate hack in the
mold of Gates or Balmer. Sorry Jobs, the jeans and the turtle neck
don't fool anyone, except the sheep!

BBC:
Apple boss Steve Jobs unveiled the offer at a press conference called
to tackle the ongoing speculation about the iPhone 4's antenna
problem.

The case will help overcome a widely reported issue in which phone
signal strength was drained when the phone was held a certain way

Rich

On Jul 17, 5:34*pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> On 2010-07-17 14:23:29 -0700, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

> > George Kerby <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >news:C8666CF7.39286%(E-Mail Removed):

> >> On 7/16/10 5:48 PM, in article
> >> (E-Mail Removed),

> >> FOAD, you stupid sack of hatred ****. Pathetic!

> > Oh! *I'm in tears! *I dropped my iPad because it had no handle and was
> > ungainly to carry. *It smashed to bits on a tile floor of Starbucks!
> > Whatever will I do!!! *How will I be a yuppie poser now???!!!

> Just carry on bitching about cameras, lenses, phones, cars, and
> computers you are never going to buy, and harassed photographers in the
> UK.
> ...and politics everywhere else other than Canada.
>
> All of that is a pose only you have been able to contort yourself into.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

Sorry, didn't mean to insult any Apple users. We'll yeah, I did.