Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Fax and Scan not working

Windows Fax and Scan not working

MJ Fries

When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
message that pops up, that reads,
"new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
account."

The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears, it
reads,
"The message could not be sent. Access denied."

The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall
it?

Thank you,
Mark Freis

Dennis Pack

MJ:
Go to "Turn Windows features on or off", "Print and Document Services"
uncheck "Windows Fax and Scan" then check OK to uninstall. Reverse procedure
to reinstall.
--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
"MJ Fries" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
> message that pops up, that reads,
> "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
> account."
>
> The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears,
> it reads,
> "The message could not be sent. Access denied."
>
> The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
> start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall
> it?
>
> Thank you,
> Mark Freis

> signature database 5275 (20100713) __________

> http://www.eset.com

MJ Fries

I tried your advice, it had no effect. I still get the same error messages.

"Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MJ:
> Go to "Turn Windows features on or off", "Print and Document Services"
> uncheck "Windows Fax and Scan" then check OK to uninstall. Reverse
> procedure to reinstall.
> --
> Dennis Pack
> Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
> "MJ Fries" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
>> message that pops up, that reads,
>> "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
>> account."
>>
>> The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears,
>> it reads,
>> "The message could not be sent. Access denied."
>>
>> The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
>> start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then
>> reinstall it?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Mark Freis

>> signature database 5275 (20100713) __________

>> http://www.eset.com

Jim

On Jul 17, 7:25*pm, "MJ Fries" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I tried your advice, it had no effect. I still get the same error messages.
>
> "Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

Dennis,

I'm not sure how tight money is for you, but I have been using Snappy
Fax for several years. It works in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows,
and it is a fully-functional Windows fax program. I have been very
impressed with it, and the tech support is spectacular. I send a few
faxes each week at least.

Jim

Dennis Pack

Jim:
Thanks for the information. Currently I don't fax things often and
Windows Fax and Scan is sufficient for me and hasn't been problematic. Have
a great day.
--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Jul 17, 7:25 pm, "MJ Fries" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I tried your advice, it had no effect. I still get the same error
> messages.
>
> "Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

Dennis,

I'm not sure how tight money is for you, but I have been using Snappy
Fax for several years. It works in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows,
and it is a fully-functional Windows fax program. I have been very
impressed with it, and the tech support is spectacular. I send a few
faxes each week at least.

Jim

database 5288 (2010071 __________

http://www.eset.com

Forum

MJ Fries a écrit :
> When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
> message that pops up, that reads,
> "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
> account."
>
> The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears,
> it reads,
> "The message could not be sent. Access denied."
>
> The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
> start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then
> reinstall it?
>
> Thank you,
> Mark Freis

==================================
Hi Mark,

A few weeks ago, I' ve tried to use "Windows Printers and Fax" on x64
Windows Vista and Seven and it did not work. This feature is for 32 bits
only.

So, I bought a little Deskjet Printer Fax USB Brother and now , I can
use it with my x64 OS. Windows XP, Vista and 7 x64 doesn't manage fax (I
think)

Regards.
Forum

Dennis Pack

Forum:
I only have 64-bit operating systems running so that isn't the cause for
Windows Fax and Scan not working properly. Have a great day.
--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64

"Forum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> MJ Fries a écrit :
>> When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
>> message that pops up, that reads,
>> "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
>> account."
>>
>> The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears,
>> it reads,
>> "The message could not be sent. Access denied."
>>
>> The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
>> start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then
>> reinstall it?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Mark Freis

> ==================================
> Hi Mark,
>
> A few weeks ago, I' ve tried to use "Windows Printers and Fax" on x64
> Windows Vista and Seven and it did not work. This feature is for 32 bits
> only.
>
> So, I bought a little Deskjet Printer Fax USB Brother and now , I can use
> it with my x64 OS. Windows XP, Vista and 7 x64 doesn't manage fax (I
> think)
>
> Regards.
> Forum

Dennis Pack

MJ:
How did you setup Windows Fax and Scan? I have Windows Fax and Scan
setup on a system with a USB modem installed which functions properly. The
system I'm currently on doesn't have a modem installed. On the setup page I
have the choice of connecting to a fax modem or a fax server on your
network. Have a great day.
--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64

"MJ Fries" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I tried your advice, it had no effect. I still get the same error
> messages.
>
> "Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> MJ:
>> Go to "Turn Windows features on or off", "Print and Document Services"
>> uncheck "Windows Fax and Scan" then check OK to uninstall. Reverse
>> procedure to reinstall.
>> --
>> Dennis Pack
>> Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
>> "MJ Fries" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
>>> message that pops up, that reads,
>>> "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
>>> account."
>>>
>>> The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears,
>>> it reads,
>>> "The message could not be sent. Access denied."
>>>
>>> The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
>>> start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then
>>> reinstall it?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Mark Freis

>>> signature database 5275 (20100713) __________

>>> http://www.eset.com

Roger Phillis

If you use broadband , not sure how you could fax / scan anyway !

news:(E-Mail Removed)...