Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Javascripts

Javascripts

Keshav Sharma

Can anyone here give me an Idea of which book should I read for learning
Javascripts? (There are too many books that I find on Google!!! which
one to read?)
Is it correct to ask it here or should I ask it in a different group?
Anybody here knows group for Javascript or about book(s) that can help
one in being a pro scripter.
TIA

Call Me Tom

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:41:27 +0530, Keshav Sharma
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone here give me an Idea of which book should I read for learning
>Javascripts? (There are too many books that I find on Google!!! which
>one to read?)
>Is it correct to ask it here or should I ask it in a different group?
>Anybody here knows group for Javascript or about book(s) that can help
>one in being a pro scripter.
>TIA

comp.lang.javascript

MG

"Keshav Sharma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i1hhla$hr1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone here give me an Idea of which book should I read for learning
> Javascripts? (There are too many books that I find on Google!!! which one
> to read?)
> Is it correct to ask it here or should I ask it in a different group?
> Anybody here knows group for Javascript or about book(s) that can help one
> in being a pro scripter.
> TIA

The correct place to ask is comp.lang.javascript.

The answer you will get there is:
Look at the FAQ.
There is a daily FAQ which will refer you to http://jibbering.com/faq/

In there you will see a recommendation to:
"JavaScript: The Definitive Guide," 5th Edition, by David Flanagan

I believe the 6th edition is coming out in Sept. Might be worth waiting for.
But the 5th edition will get you going.

MG

Keshav Sharma

On 7/13/2010 5:59 PM, MG wrote:
> "Keshav Sharma"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Anybody here knows group for Javascript or about book(s) that can help one
>> in being a pro scripter.
>> TIA

> There is a daily FAQ which will refer you to http://jibbering.com/faq/
>
> In there you will see a recommendation to:
> "JavaScript: The Definitive Guide," 5th Edition, by David Flanagan
>
> I believe the 6th edition is coming out in Sept. Might be worth waiting for.
> But the 5th edition will get you going.

Thanks a lot!!!!

gwhipple gwhipple is offline
Junior Member
Location: Langley, BC

Can anyone tell me how to, or give an example of a picture with text script that works well. like a picture on the left and text on the right, simple but nice. It can be different, there is a lot of great ideas and designs out there I am somewhat of a newbie, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Gary