Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASMX in Framework 4.0

ASMX in Framework 4.0

Eugene van der Walt

Hi All,
I recently converted my application to run on asp.net Framework 4.0.
I am very happy with the enhancements etc, but i have run into a bit of a
problem:
I have exposed quite a few web services to clients and all these web
services have methods that return datasets.

There seems to be a huge difference in how Framework 4.0's webservices order
the tables returned inside a dataset. Clients who have been referencing the
tables by number are experiencing a myriad errors due to this. Is there any
way of hardcoding table order inside the returned dataset?

When the dataset is instantiated, before returing it via web service, the
table order even differs subustantially.

Any help would be very very much appreciated.