Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Schematic Diagram for a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5535 with a HannStar J MV-4 motherboard.

Schematic Diagram for a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5535 with a HannStar J MV-4 motherboard.

Alasdair

I am trying to locate a schematic diagram for a Fujitsu Siemens
Esprimo Mobile V5535 with a HannStar J MV-4 motherboard. Please, can
anyone point me in the right direction?

--
Alasdair.

joevan

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 14:29:43 +0100, Alasdair <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I am trying to locate a schematic diagram for a Fujitsu Siemens
>Esprimo Mobile V5535 with a HannStar J MV-4 motherboard. Please, can
>anyone point me in the right direction?

Sounds like a job for google.

John Holmes

Alasdair "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

Have you tried www.fujitsu.com ?

--
<snip>

Alasdair

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:16:38 +0200, John Holmes
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Have you tried www.fujitsu.com ?

Yes and while user manuals are available, none contain the actual
circuit diagram.

--
Alasdair.

APLer

Alasdair <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:16:38 +0200, John Holmes
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Have you tried www.fujitsu.com ?

> Yes and while user manuals are available, none contain the actual
> circuit diagram.

For what? the motherboard? The rest? You might try getting the paper bits
you get when you first buy the computer. You can order such from name brand
computer manufactures by calling them. Not tech support unless you're still
under your one year warrenty however. Aside from that, you'd have to get
the repair manual - *if* it's available.

Aardvark

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:57:25 +0000, APLer wrote:

> warrenty

WTF?????

ian field

"Alasdair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:57:25 +0000 (UTC), APLer <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>For what? the motherboard? The rest? You might try getting the paper bits
>>you get when you first buy the computer. You can order such from name
>>brand
>>computer manufactures by calling them. Not tech support unless you're
>>still
>>under your one year warrenty however. Aside from that, you'd have to get
>>the repair manual - *if* it's available.

> My nephew connected up a wrong power supply to the laptop and it was
> the wrong polarity although the voltage was OK. The laptop is now as
> dead as a dodo. I need to know if there is a fuse in the circuit and
> try and find the fault.
>
> --
> Alasdair.

There may well be a (shunt) protection diode (if you're lucky). The fuse may
be disguised as a dark green or light brown resistor with writing on it
instead of colour bands, or it may be a white square ceramic thing that will
more than likely be SMD.

In the absence of those 2 protection devices the damage will probably be
beyond economic repair

With any luck the damage is confined to the battery management board.

John Holmes

Alasdair "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> My nephew connected up a wrong power supply

Kill him. Tell me if you need a gun. I'll send one ahead.

--
<snip>

chuckcar

Alasdair <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:57:25 +0000 (UTC), APLer <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>For what? the motherboard? The rest? You might try getting the paper
>>bits you get when you first buy the computer. You can order such from
>>name brand computer manufactures by calling them. Not tech support
>>unless you're still under your one year warrenty however. Aside from
>>that, you'd have to get the repair manual - *if* it's available.

> My nephew connected up a wrong power supply to the laptop and it was
> the wrong polarity although the voltage was OK. The laptop is now as
> dead as a dodo. I need to know if there is a fuse in the circuit and
> try and find the fault.

Ouch. Not good. Looking into motherboard replacement wouldn't work either
as there's *lots* of very fragile connectors and the like in laptops that
you'd still have to work with.

If it were me I would have him - depending on his age - replace it or
work it off in some way. The value of money is something that's not
commonly taught and this is a perfect example of doing so. Not out of anger
you understand, but to teach. Never let him know that of course - if he's a
kid, he simply can't understand and if he's an adult he can figure it out
for himself.

Otherwise, for such you *would* need the company repair manual. Nothing
else would work - the motherboard is their own and not available in any
other brand of computer. Also the mainboard manual (the booklet you
get when you buy a motherboard that shows you what the jumpers do and
how to set up the BIOS) simply wouldn't provide such detailed information.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Mike the Brewer

"Alasdair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:57:25 +0000 (UTC), APLer <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>For what? the motherboard? The rest? You might try getting the paper bits
>>you get when you first buy the computer. You can order such from name
>>brand
>>computer manufactures by calling them. Not tech support unless you're
>>still
>>under your one year warrenty however. Aside from that, you'd have to get
>>the repair manual - *if* it's available.

> My nephew connected up a wrong power supply to the laptop and it was
> the wrong polarity although the voltage was OK. The laptop is now as
> dead as a dodo. I need to know if there is a fuse in the circuit and
> try and find the fault.
>
> --
> Alasdair.

There is a fuse: a rectangular block, usually light brown or white ( NOT the
black ones)
It is usualy near to the power socket on one side of the M/board or the
other.
Put a testmeter set to the lowest ohms range accross the metal connectors on
either end of the fuse and if you get a reading it is OK. ( the black ones
are usually capacitors )
Alternatively, put your meter probe on the center pin of the socket and test
for connection to the components attached to the copper track where the pin
connects, and also the other end of such components. You can usually trace
continuity into the M/board and isolate a fauty fuse this way.
It's a good idea to keep a few old boards around for taking spare bits from.