Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Schematic Diagram for a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5535 with a HannStar J MV-4 motherboard.

Schematic Diagram for a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5535 with a HannStar J MV-4 motherboard.

s77teve s77teve is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike the Brewer View Post
"Alasdair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:57:25 +0000 (UTC), APLer <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>For what? the motherboard? The rest? You might try getting the paper bits
>>you get when you first buy the computer. You can order such from name
>>brand
>>computer manufactures by calling them. Not tech support unless you're
>>still
>>under your one year warrenty however. Aside from that, you'd have to get
>>the repair manual - *if* it's available.

> My nephew connected up a wrong power supply to the laptop and it was
> the wrong polarity although the voltage was OK. The laptop is now as
> dead as a dodo. I need to know if there is a fuse in the circuit and
> try and find the fault.
>
> --
> Alasdair.

There is a fuse: a rectangular block, usually light brown or white ( NOT the
black ones)
It is usualy near to the power socket on one side of the M/board or the
other.
Put a testmeter set to the lowest ohms range accross the metal connectors on
either end of the fuse and if you get a reading it is OK. ( the black ones
are usually capacitors )
Alternatively, put your meter probe on the center pin of the socket and test
for connection to the components attached to the copper track where the pin
connects, and also the other end of such components. You can usually trace
continuity into the M/board and isolate a fauty fuse this way.
It's a good idea to keep a few old boards around for taking spare bits from.
Hi there are 2 fuses there are rectangle in shape and are white in colour one is just behind the power socket which is rated a 5amp the other is behind the plug for the battery which is 7amp now for the real problem i cant find 5amp or 7amp but i have found 4amp and u can get them from furnells( not sure if i spelt it right) min order ten cost 4.50 but type in minicombo fuses and it should come up

s77teve s77teve is offline
Junior Member

RS spares dont do them i have a mother board that has a fault not sure how fault came about but it must be a short as power pack flashes green and red and fault is on mother board