Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless problem

Wireless problem

topsim@op.pl

I've connected two computers by wireless network. Connection is
established, signal quality is excellent, but I can't share my folders
between two computers. I tried to ping between computers, but there is
no answer. I disabled firewalls, ip settings: 192.168.0.1 and
192.168.0.2 mask 255.255.255.0.

Please help me to solve the problem.

Sim.

Clark

Are you doing an Ad Hoc network and have it set up that way, or do you
have some type of router?

Clark

> I've connected two computers by wireless network. Connection is
> established, signal quality is excellent, but I can't share my folders
> between two computers. I tried to ping between computers, but there is
> no answer. I disabled firewalls, ip settings: 192.168.0.1 and
> 192.168.0.2 mask 255.255.255.0.
>
> Please help me to solve the problem.
>
> Sim.

Frankster

What OS? Have you defined shares on each?

-Frank

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've connected two computers by wireless network. Connection is
> established, signal quality is excellent, but I can't share my folders
> between two computers. I tried to ping between computers, but there is
> no answer. I disabled firewalls, ip settings: 192.168.0.1 and
> 192.168.0.2 mask 255.255.255.0.
>
> Please help me to solve the problem.
>
> Sim.

topsim@op.pl

ad hoc network , windows xp sp2

Clark

Do you have file sharing set up on both computers?

If you do an ipconfig /all command in the command window, what are you
showing for addresses and such?

Clark

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> ad hoc network , windows xp sp2

=?Utf-8?B?TmFiZWVs?=

I think the best way is, you should make your Ad-hoc network using automatic
Ips not Static, and when it is connected. then run Home Network setup wizard.

it will help you.