Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Very soon, we'll know. (Nikon's new mirror-less system)

Very soon, we'll know. (Nikon's new mirror-less system)

RichA

Supposedly, it's ready, along with a half-dozen lenses. Now comes an
experiment I've been interested in for a long time. Who really makes
the best sensor? For ages, Olympus pundits have said that given its
size (pixel) that their sensors actually perform better than the
competition. Now, because Canon has an 18 megapixel APS sensor that
performs very well, Olympus fan's claims are likely now proven
hogwash. But, the Nikon sensor is supposedly slightly smaller than
the m4/3rds sensor, and if it has the same number of pixels, we'll
soon know if Nikon's excellent work in APS and FF translates down well
to the smaller size. The annoying thing is that because of the huge
Nikon fan base, pretty soon prices on older lenses (other brands,
CCTV, etc) will rise because Nikon buyers will be adapting them like
Olympus and Panasonic owners have, but in much greater numbers.

Robert Coe

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 13:51:47 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Supposedly, it's ready, along with a half-dozen lenses. ...

My God, how exciting!! And just in time too! It gives us something to occupy
our attention, now that we can no longer speculate about where James Le Bron
is going to play basketball next year.

Bob

Twibil

On Jul 10, 6:17*pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> >> My God, how exciting!! And just in time too! It gives us something to
> >> occupy our attention, now that we can no longer speculate about where
> >> James Le Bron is going to play basketball next year.

> > They haven't made the device that can measure how little I care about that
> > basketball team change.

> Basketball? Do you mean with a name like that he isnt a porn star?

Well, if the basketball thing doesn't work out he *is* 6'8" when erect.

tony cooper

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:33:58 -0500, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> They haven't made the device that can measure how little I care about
>>> that basketball team change.

>> Basketball? Do you mean with a name like that he isnt a porn star?
>>

>No, just that his parents were illiterate, or he was. There have even
>been cases where parents have named their kids after diseases and been
>too stupid to realize it. I even like the ones who name their kids using
>ancient Roman names, like Octavian. It's hilarious.

To suggest that a person's first name could be a result that person's
illiteracy is about as dumb a statement as can be imagined. You think
LeBron James picked his own first name?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

J. Clarke

On 7/11/2010 11:23 PM, tony cooper wrote:

>>> Basketball? Do you mean with a name like that he isnt a porn star?
>>>

>> No, just that his parents were illiterate, or he was. There have even
>> been cases where parents have named their kids after diseases and been
>> too stupid to realize it. I even like the ones who name their kids using
>> ancient Roman names, like Octavian. It's hilarious.

> To suggest that a person's first name could be a result that person's
> illiteracy is about as dumb a statement as can be imagined. You think
> LeBron James picked his own first name?

And the Roman names may very well be family names--there was a fad in
the South at one time to give slaves Roman and Greek names. So Octavian
may not be named after Caesar Augustus, he may be named after great grandpa.