Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Xnews - posting multiple files.

Xnews - posting multiple files.

ian field

Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a collection of files
without constantly having to restart it manually?

Thanks.

Bert Hyman

In news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane "ian field"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a collection of
> files without constantly having to restart it manually?

Have you RTFM?

Look for "How do I... post attachments / binaries"

You'd have better luck in "news.software.readers"; I've set followups to
that group.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Bucky Breeder

ian field <(E-Mail Removed)>
via news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane:

> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting
> a collection of files without constantly having to
> restart it manually?
>
> Thanks.

You CANNOT post a collection of files
unless you pay the fee by giving me
your valid credit card nummer at this time...

_ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _

Expiry date...

_ _ / _ _ _ _

Super-secret-CCOPdpd 3 or 4 digit nummer :

_ _ _ _

Thank you for doing buhezinezz wif the usenet's

24hoursuppoort.posting.collection.of.files

You might also try using the attachments tab at the bottom
of your message dialog - the defaults are sufficient - if
you've never messed with them - and then just navigate to
your collection and add 'em in that window till you like
the look of it - highlight one and move it up or down,
according to how your priorities are feeling, etc.

Your NSP might be limiting your upload parameters...?

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and
I am NOT Luu Tran's baby-daddy!

http://www.facebook.com/luu.tran

ian field

"Bert Hyman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9DB0682F1FACFVeebleFetzer@216.250.188.141. ..
> In news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane "ian field"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a collection of
>> files without constantly having to restart it manually?

> Have you RTFM?
>
> Look for "How do I... post attachments / binaries"
>
> You'd have better luck in "news.software.readers"; I've set followups to
> that group.
>
> --
> Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN (E-Mail Removed)

The user manual is even worse than the software.

It currently seems to be working correctly even though I did everything
exactly the same as before.

Sometimes it works - sometimes it don't.

SINNER

* ian field wrote in news.software.readers:

> "Bert Hyman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9DB0682F1FACFVeebleFetzer@216.250.188.141. ..
>> In news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane "ian field"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a collection of
>>> files without constantly having to restart it manually?

>> Have you RTFM?
>>
>> Look for "How do I... post attachments / binaries"
>>
>> You'd have better luck in "news.software.readers"; I've set followups to
>> that group.
>>

> The user manual is even worse than the software.
>
> It currently seems to be working correctly even though I did everything
> exactly the same as before.
>
> Sometimes it works - sometimes it don't.

Ask for your money back!

--
David

ian field

"SINNER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9DB06FE14751arcademastergmailcom@69.16.186 .8...
>* ian field wrote in news.software.readers:
>

>> "Bert Hyman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Xns9DB0682F1FACFVeebleFetzer@216.250.188.141. ..

>>> Have you RTFM?
>>>
>>> Look for "How do I... post attachments / binaries"
>>>
>>> You'd have better luck in "news.software.readers"; I've set followups to
>>> that group.
>>>

>> The user manual is even worse than the software.
>>
>> It currently seems to be working correctly even though I did everything
>> exactly the same as before.
>>
>> Sometimes it works - sometimes it don't.
>>

> Ask for your money back!

Hmmm - wonder if they'd fall for that.

ian field

"Bucky Breeder" <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.i t.out>
wrote in message news:Xns9DB06E38CD594BuckyGram@216.151.153.163...
> ian field <(E-Mail Removed)>
> via news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane:
>
>> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting
>> a collection of files without constantly having to
>> restart it manually?
>>
>> Thanks.

> You CANNOT post a collection of files
> unless you pay the fee by giving me
> your valid credit card nummer at this time...
>
> _0123 _ _ _ -4567 _ _ _ _ - 8901_ _ _ _ -2345 _ _ 754_ _
>
> Expiry date...
>
> _03 _ /2198 _ _ _ _
>
> Super-secret-CCOPdpd 3 or 4 digit nummer :
>
> _ _ _ _
>
> Thank you for doing buhezinezz wif the usenet's

Bucky Breeder

ian field <(E-Mail Removed)> via news:69IZn.98619$sD7.47590
@hurricane:

> "Bucky Breeder" <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.i t.out>
> wrote in message news:Xns9DB06E38CD594BuckyGram@216.151.153.163...
>> ian field <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> via news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane:
>>
>>> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting
>>> a collection of files without constantly having to
>>> restart it manually?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>> You CANNOT post a collection of files
>> unless you pay the fee by giving me
>> your valid credit card nummer at this time...
>>
>> _0123 _ _ _ -4567 _ _ _ _ - 8901_ _ _ _ -2345 _ _ 754_ _
>>
>> Expiry date...
>>
>> _03 _ /2198 _ _ _ _
>>
>> Super-secret-CCOPdpd 3 or 4 digit nummer :

Thank you for your buhezinezz,

Wishing you much success and prosperity,

The Managemints (like pillow mints, but not as ghaa-hay)

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and
I am NOT Luu Tran's baby-daddy!
Heck, I'd rather have a root-canal than change diapers...
Problem is that I only have 32 teeth. Can I re-do some?

http://www.facebook.com/luu.tran

chuckcar

"ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> "Bert Hyman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9DB0682F1FACFVeebleFetzer@216.250.188.141. ..
>> In news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane "ian field"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a collection of
>>> files without constantly having to restart it manually?

>> Have you RTFM?
>>
>> Look for "How do I... post attachments / binaries"
>>
>> You'd have better luck in "news.software.readers"; I've set followups to
>> that group.
>>
>> --
>> Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN (E-Mail Removed)
>>

> The user manual is even worse than the software.

Nonsence. *I've* read it and it contains quite probably the best
explanation of how regex works that I've ever seen.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

> "SINNER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9DB06FE14751arcademastergmailcom@69.16.186 .8...
>>* ian field wrote in news.software.readers:
>>

>>> "Bert Hyman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:Xns9DB0682F1FACFVeebleFetzer@216.250.188.141. ..

>>> The user manual is even worse than the software.
>>>
>>> It currently seems to be working correctly even though I did
>>> everything exactly the same as before.
>>>
>>> Sometimes it works - sometimes it don't.
>>>

>> Ask for your money back!

> Hmmm - wonder if they'd fall for that.

Not they. He.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Xnews Cross-posting K. C. Jones Computer Support 3 11-02-2005 02:00 PM
OT: XNews. One day at a time. kpg MCSE 30 07-18-2005 05:53 PM
OT XNews post test Consultant MCSE 28 07-19-2004 08:19 PM
Re: [Xnews] Open Source Xnews? Darrien C Programming 11 11-04-2003 02:20 AM
Xnews Rosco Computer Support 3 09-04-2003 11:17 AM

Advertisments