Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Debian AMD64 Test Poast

Re: Debian AMD64 Test Poast

OldGringo38

On 7/9/2010 8:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> Well I'm giving Lenny 64bit Live a test drive. Getting tired of the damn
> Pan crashes, in Mandriva 2010 32 bit Maybe that won't happen in this
> 64bit world. If all goes well with the test drive I probably will install
> it on this quad core PhenomII AMD powered box. Seams pretty smooth so far.

Good Luck, Have you notice all the IE8 advertising on TV? <g>

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

joevan

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:29:20 -0400, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:34:32 -0500, OldGringo38
><(E-Mail Removed)>wrote:
>
>>On 7/9/2010 8:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
>>following tidbit of information:
>>> Well I'm giving Lenny 64bit Live a test drive. Getting tired of the damn
>>> Pan crashes, in Mandriva 2010 32 bit Maybe that won't happen in this
>>> 64bit world. If all goes well with the test drive I probably will install
>>> it on this quad core PhenomII AMD powered box. Seams pretty smooth so far.

>>Good Luck, Have you notice all the IE8 advertising on TV? <g>

>I don't watch much TV and skip the ads via DVR on what little TV I
>watch...mostly Discovery, History, TLC, Tru-TV and CBS for House MD.
>Was at a friends last Sunday watching some TV and he has no DVR. I was
>ready to toss a brick thru the screen with some of these assinine
>commercials being played over and over every 5 minutes.

I know what you mean but really I don't because I use TIVO and only
watch the actual program and if I don't like it I fast forward to
something I want to watch. I never watch commercials. I am aware of
them so I fast forward through all of their lies. And your term
asinine is just about right for the garbage they spew.
At this moment I am waiting for my pause time to get to about an hour
then I can watch maybe an hour of what I want without commercials. The
hour will be 2 hours worth but I think you know what I mean.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:22:39 -0400, joevan wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:29:20 -0400, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:34:32 -0500, OldGringo38
>><(E-Mail Removed)>wrote:
>>
>>>On 7/9/2010 8:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
>>>following tidbit of information:
>>>Good Luck, Have you notice all the IE8 advertising on TV? <g>

>>I don't watch much TV and skip the ads via DVR on what little TV I
>>watch...mostly Discovery, History, TLC, Tru-TV and CBS for House MD. Was
>>at a friends last Sunday watching some TV and he has no DVR. I was ready
>>to toss a brick thru the screen with some of these assinine commercials
>>being played over and over every 5 minutes.

> I know what you mean but really I don't because I use TIVO and only
> watch the actual program and if I don't like it I fast forward to
> something I want to watch. I never watch commercials. I am aware of them
> so I fast forward through all of their lies. And your term asinine is
> just about right for the garbage they spew. At this moment I am waiting
> for my pause time to get to about an hour then I can watch maybe an hour
> of what I want without commercials. The hour will be 2 hours worth but I
> think you know what I mean.

Well with Tivo just record what you want to watch. Do a favorites record.
I wouldn't dream of hitting pause and waiting a couple hours.

Aardvark

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:34:32 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

> On 7/9/2010 8:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
> following tidbit of information:
>> Well I'm giving Lenny 64bit Live a test drive. Getting tired of the
>> damn Pan crashes, in Mandriva 2010 32 bit Maybe that won't happen in
>> this 64bit world. If all goes well with the test drive I probably will
>> install it on this quad core PhenomII AMD powered box. Seams pretty
>> smooth so far.

> Good Luck, Have you notice all the IE8 advertising on TV? <g>

Have you seen my sig?

OldGringo38

On 7/9/2010 3:01 PM Just to please that super-ego, Aardvark wrote the

<Shaking head> Holy **** !!

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com

joevan

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 19:21:33 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:22:39 -0400, joevan wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:29:20 -0400, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>I don't watch much TV and skip the ads via DVR on what little TV I
>>>watch...mostly Discovery, History, TLC, Tru-TV and CBS for House MD. Was
>>>at a friends last Sunday watching some TV and he has no DVR. I was ready
>>>to toss a brick thru the screen with some of these assinine commercials
>>>being played over and over every 5 minutes.

>> I know what you mean but really I don't because I use TIVO and only
>> watch the actual program and if I don't like it I fast forward to
>> something I want to watch. I never watch commercials. I am aware of them
>> so I fast forward through all of their lies. And your term asinine is
>> just about right for the garbage they spew. At this moment I am waiting
>> for my pause time to get to about an hour then I can watch maybe an hour
>> of what I want without commercials. The hour will be 2 hours worth but I
>> think you know what I mean.

>Well with Tivo just record what you want to watch. Do a favorites record.
>I wouldn't dream of hitting pause and waiting a couple hours.

I do that pause when I am on the computer or working on a project for
my lab. When I get back after 20 minutes or sometimes more I have
plenty of time to fast forward the commercials and other junk. I never
just pause and wait. I am not a patience type personality. Never,
never would I do that. No way no how.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 16:13:11 -0400, joevan wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 19:21:33 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:22:39 -0400, joevan wrote:

>>> I know what you mean but really I don't because I use TIVO and only
>>> watch the actual program and if I don't like it I fast forward to
>>> something I want to watch. I never watch commercials. I am aware of
>>> them so I fast forward through all of their lies. And your term
>>> asinine is just about right for the garbage they spew. At this moment
>>> I am waiting for my pause time to get to about an hour then I can
>>> watch maybe an hour of what I want without commercials. The hour will
>>> be 2 hours worth but I think you know what I mean.

>>Well with Tivo just record what you want to watch. Do a favorites
>>record. I wouldn't dream of hitting pause and waiting a couple hours.

> I do that pause when I am on the computer or working on a project for my
> lab. When I get back after 20 minutes or sometimes more I have plenty of
> time to fast forward the commercials and other junk. I never just pause
> and wait. I am not a patience type personality. Never, never would I do
> that. No way no how.

I've done that once in awhile. Wait about 24 minutes on a two hour
program that gives you just enough ffwd time