Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Form Level Authentication

Form Level Authentication

Arvind P Rangan

Hi,

In Authentication Type="Forms"

Which redirects all the pages to login page if not authenticated.

Can we open few pages which does not need authentication.
Few pages should not be re-directed to Login Page.

Thanks.
Arvind.

.NET Follower

hi,
there is authorization tag which denies access to the pages
in the root folder

<authorization>

<deny users="?"/>

<allow users="*" />

</authorization>

if u want only selected section to be authenticated.

use location tags..

<location path=foldername>

<authorization>

<deny users="?"/>

<allow users="*" />

</authorization>

</location>

foldername contains pages required to be login...

hope that helps

u can even go to asp.net/tutorials sections for detalied info..

--
Thanks and Regards,

Amit Agarwal
Software Programmer(.NET)
"Arvind P Rangan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> In Authentication Type="Forms"
>
> Which redirects all the pages to login page if not authenticated.
>
> Can we open few pages which does not need authentication.
> Few pages should not be re-directed to Login Page.
>
> Thanks.
> Arvind.

---