Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > returning pointer of template type function header

returning pointer of template type function header

wiegmale wiegmale is offline
Junior Member

We are creating a array list class and making it a template.

Code:
template <class ItemType>
class ArrayList

typedef ItemType* pItemType;
typedef pItemType* ppItemType;
My function is returning an item of type pItemType. My syntax is wrong, but I'm not sure what it should be:

Code:
template <class ItemType>
ArrayList<ItemType>::pItemType ArrayList<ItemType>::Add(pItemType anItem)