Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Nvidia 8600GT 128MB DDR3 dual dvi tv

Nvidia 8600GT 128MB DDR3 dual dvi tv

bardeban

Is 350Watt power supply enough for running this video card or do I need over
500Watt power supply to run it.
I have 1 optical drive with floppy and HD.

Mike Easter

bardeban wrote:
> Is 350Watt power supply enough for running this video card or do I need
> over 500Watt power supply to run it.
> I have 1 optical drive with floppy and HD.

You also have a cpu and ram - the unnamed cpu being significant.

There are sites where you can count everything from your fans to the
difference between CDROMs and DVD burners, low vs higher speed hdd --
where you can consider the specific load on the 12V and 5V rails.

Some of that calculation stuff is overkill, but if you are trying to
keep using your 350 watt, you should figure out everything about your
system so you will have an idea of how close you are cutting having
extra headroom/reserve.

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

The best way to buy a PS is when they are on sale, not when you
'suddenly' decide you need a new one or a bigger one.

--
Mike Easter