Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > laptop unable to connect to wireless

laptop unable to connect to wireless

JessRaw JessRaw is offline
Junior Member

Hello,

This appears to be a common problem from my web searching yet I'm unable to find a solution. My Toshiba Satellite laptop (vista) is unable to connect to my wireless router (Netgear). Though I am able to access the internet via my desktop.
I've tried many options such as firewall, entering wireless password and changing settings on my browsers. However these haven't worked.
I've also tried the command prompt, ipconfig /all and ipconfig /help. I think this is the area that may hold the issue as when I looked through ipconfig /help, it told me that 'media is disconnected'. i'm unsure what this means. it mentioned LAN cable, however this has never been an issue before...

help please