Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IIS ports

IIS ports

Dave Brown

Hi all,
Does anybody have any experience of running .Net windows forms controls from
a html page on any other IIS port than 80 ?
If so can anyone tell me why i cant get even the simplest control to display
correctly.
When IIS is on port 80 then everything is fine.

rgds

Dave.

Bernard

what's the error msgs ? when you change to different port, do you actually
post it to that port ?

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah

"Dave Brown" <dave.AT.dbws.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> Does anybody have any experience of running .Net windows forms controls

from
> a html page on any other IIS port than 80 ?
> If so can anyone tell me why i cant get even the simplest control to

display
> correctly.
> When IIS is on port 80 then everything is fine.
>
> rgds
>
> Dave.

ajaymehra

This is a problem with MS
They have restricted processing on port 80 only

Dave Brown wrote:
> *Hi all,
> Does anybody have any experience of running .Net windows form
> controls from
> a html page on any other IIS port than 80 ?
> If so can anyone tell me why i cant get even the simplest control t
> display
> correctly.
> When IIS is on port 80 then everything is fine.
>
> rgds
>
> Dave.

ajaymehr

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

"Dave Brown" <dave.AT.dbws.net> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):
> Does anybody have any experience of running .Net windows forms controls
> from a html page on any other IIS port than 80 ?
> If so can anyone tell me why i cant get even the simplest control to
> display correctly.
> When IIS is on port 80 then everything is fine.

IIS doesnt care what port its using. Have you adjusted your URLs? What kinds
of errors are you having?

Your description is very vague but when you call up the site using the new
port do you specifically request that port...

ie: http://www.microsoft.com:<port_number>

Port number should be after the colon : following the url....

As far as configuring IIS is concerned you just change port and that's it.

Cheers

"Bernard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what's the error msgs ? when you change to different port, do you actually
> post it to that port ?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bernard Cheah
> http://support.microsoft.com/
> Please respond to newsgroups only ...
>

> "Dave Brown" <dave.AT.dbws.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all,
> > Does anybody have any experience of running .Net windows forms controls

> from
> > a html page on any other IIS port than 80 ?
> > If so can anyone tell me why i cant get even the simplest control to

> display
> > correctly.
> > When IIS is on port 80 then everything is fine.
> >
> > rgds
> >
> > Dave.

Dave Brown

Hi Guys,

Yeah i'm specifiying the ports and everything I believe is as it should be,
but their appears to be a security issue with .NET assemblies being
executed/called when the webserver port isnt 80.
There is another thread I started a bit further up called Dot Net
Limitations there are a few replies to that one, others seem to think it
also security as when I call the page hosting the control a Fusion error log
is written and the error is a security exception.

Rgds

"Dave Brown" <dave.AT.dbws.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> Does anybody have any experience of running .Net windows forms controls

from
> a html page on any other IIS port than 80 ?
> If so can anyone tell me why i cant get even the simplest control to

display
> correctly.
> When IIS is on port 80 then everything is fine.
>
> rgds
>
> Dave.

Eric Lawrence [MSFT]

This is a bug. Fixes will be in a future service pack; you can contact
Product Support if you need a QFE before the service pack is out.

--
Thanks,

Eric Lawrence
Program Manager
Assistance and Worldwide Services

"ajaymehra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> This is a problem with MS
> They have restricted processing on port 80 only
>
> Dave Brown wrote:
> > *Hi all,
> > Does anybody have any experience of running .Net windows forms
> > controls from
> > a html page on any other IIS port than 80 ?
> > If so can anyone tell me why i cant get even the simplest control to
> > display
> > correctly.
> > When IIS is on port 80 then everything is fine.
> >
> > rgds
> >
> > Dave. *

> ajaymehra

Type of actual ports is not compatible with type of ports of entity. mreister VHDL 1 05-25-2010 11:30 AM
Recommendations Please for a PCI card w/ two USB 2 Ports and FireWaire Ports Mike Digital Photography 27 02-26-2006 12:54 AM
All Ports open on IIS Server? Sqezins Computer Security 16 10-12-2004 12:14 AM
IIS ports Dave Brown ASP .Net 0 02-09-2004 10:52 AM
IIS ports Dave Brown ASP .Net Web Controls 0 02-09-2004 10:52 AM

Advertisments