Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Repost: Desktop can see external usb drive, Laptop cannot

Repost: Desktop can see external usb drive, Laptop cannot

TheStoneCrusher

I am running a Dell Inspiron (8100) with XP Pro SP3 and it cannot see my
external (USB 2) Fujitsu HD (N124). When I pug it into my Dell Dimension
XPS running XP Home it show up with no trouble.

I contacted Fujitsu & found that their HDs were being handled by Toshiba. I
sent an email to them & have heard nothing. I sent an email to Fujitsu and
they confirmed the nothing.

I just 'reinstalled' XP Pro with the repair option (not the console option)
with no difference.

I plugged the USB drive into various port on my hub with a strange response:
I have my HD partitioned into C: & E: Occasionally there appears in My
Computer 'Removable Disk (F' When I select it I receive a msg to insert
a disk.

Any suggestions that might help?

Goodwill,
Luke