Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: IE takes ages to load

Re: IE takes ages to load

Kyote

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 01:03:22 +0100, Peter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

-When I open IE7 it takes ages to load my home page.
-
-The home page is saved as a local file on its own within a folder in
-my docs.
-
-Anyone know why it would take so long to load? Even after I have
-cleaned everything on my system and got rid of all cookies etc it
-still takes about 15 sec's for page to display.
-

By saying 'cleaned everything' do you mean you've run some malware
removal tools as well? If not try the following programs and make sure
they're updated before you scan your system with them.

Superantispyware
Malewarebytes
Spybot: S & D

Also, when finished running those and allowing them to remove any
found problems, get the following program.

Advanced System Care 3

Of course, you might want to get CCleaner, by Pirirform, and run it
first. That's to be sure you've cleaned up everything. That way the
malware scanners above wont have to scan through more than they need
to.

Hope this helps Mate.
--
Kyote