Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > IE8 and XP

IE8 and XP

shemya steve

Tried to install IE8 fro my DELL 9100 xp multimedia.
Installation appeard ok, system rebooted automatically, but left with
error/busy box
"personalized setting being deleted for IE8 installation", or somehting
close to that. Box just sits, CTL ALT DEL shows process has stopped. Del
process and have only screen background, no icons, no mouse or keyboard
activity? Have rebooted many times with wsame result.

Note: Have other user on same box, other user opens ok.

Corrupt profile???, best way to recover without losing all other settings ???

thanks in advnace
steve

Shenan Stanley

shemya steve wrote:
> Tried to install IE8 fro my DELL 9100 xp multimedia.
> Installation appeard ok, system rebooted automatically, but left
> with error/busy box
> "personalized setting being deleted for IE8 installation", or
> somehting close to that. Box just sits, CTL ALT DEL shows process
> has stopped. Del process and have only screen background, no
> icons, no mouse or keyboard activity? Have rebooted many times
> with wsame result.
>
> Note: Have other user on same box, other user opens ok.
>
> Corrupt profile???, best way to recover without losing all other
> settings ???

System restore.
Re-install IE7 to fix any lingering issues.
Stay with IE7 until you have cleaned up your system a little.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

ie8!=ie8 cecile Javascript 2 05-24-2010 09:04 AM
Re: Advantages of IE8/64 over IE8/32 PA Bear [MS MVP] Windows 64bit 0 08-17-2009 09:43 PM
IE8 and UTF-8 Andrew Poulos HTML 12 04-09-2009 10:10 PM
markup not working on IE8 and Firefox Jeff ASP .Net 3 03-24-2009 07:27 AM
[ANNOUNCE] IETester v0.2 : IE6, IE7 and IE8 beta 1 on Vista and XP! Jean-Fabrice RABAUTE Javascript 0 03-20-2008 01:09 PM

Advertisments